We are hiring! Recon InfoSec is in need of a DevOps Engineer. The DevOps Engineer will support the Security Operations Center and create new things with the skills listed below. We are interested in people who are self-motivated, are creative problem solvers, have experience in the field of cybersecurity, and want to work in a challenging and rewarding environment.
- Build new software and services to meet security operations needs, including REST API integrations, scripts to automate common workflows, and SOAR integration/enabling modules.
- Design scalable systems to solve novel problems with modern cloud technology and industry best practices
- Write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of the organization
- Program, mostly in Python, learning from and contributing to a team committed to continually improving their skill
- Design, implement, and maintain a secure and scalable infrastructure platform for delivering security operations services
- Identify opportunities to improve existing systems/workflows for performance, scale, speed, and accuracy
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and support of internal tools, improve system health and reliability
- Write code and scripts to automate common workflows
- Create tools for automating deployment, monitoring and operations of the overall platform including CI/CD environments
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide application support, incident management, and troubleshooting
- Conduct cloud infrastructure cost analysis and optimization
- Own the full life-cycle of tooling including implementation, testing, release, and maintenance
- Cloud infrastructure
- Linux systems administration
- Minimum 2 years experience in DevOps, Software Development, Security Engineering or similar role
- Ability to pass background check
- US Citizen
Competitive Applicants Will Have
- Familiarity with infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts and ecosystem
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems in a Linux and public cloud environment like AWS.
- Working knowledge of industry best practices with regard to information security
- Previously built or operated cloud services at scale
- Comfortable with any of: Python, Golang, NodeJS or similar programming languages
- Experience with orchestration tools such as: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, etc..
- A passion for information security and helping defensive security teams
- Comfortable working with a team: remote, or in person.
- Excel in a fast paced environment and have the ability to quickly change context as needed
- Work where you want, fully remote
About Recon InfoSec
Recon InfoSec is a cybersecurity team headquartered in Austin, TX. We specialize in enterprise cybersecurity and are passionate about defending good. We have experience working with companies of all sizes and industries, as well as government entities at the local, state and federal levels.
We proudly champion best of breed tools, both open source and commercial. We are vendor independent and participate in the open source community. We know the value of collaboratively designed tools, networks, and security systems, and we believe in the integrity and efficacy of open source systems to protect, detect and respond to threats.
Our team includes analysts, architects, engineers, intrusion specialists, penetration testers and operations experts.
Benefits & Perks:
- Benefits begin on your first day
- Contributes toward: Health/Medical insurance (over 100 plans available); AD&D
- Additional benefits available: HSA (medical plan choice dependent), FSA (medical and dependent care), Dental, Vision, Supplemental AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability, Legal, Pet Insurance, and more
- Paid holidays
- 3 weeks of PTO accrual per year
- Flexible work arrangement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discount Program