We are growing rapidly and seeking to hire an International Underwriter.
Depending on experience this would be either an Underwriter or Sr. Underwriter.
This position would be a remote or hybrid role depending on your location.
N2G Worldwide is a joint venture created by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company (Nationwide), one of the largest insurance and financial services companies in the U.S., and Generali Global Corporate and Commercial (Generali), a top global insurance company based in Italy.
N2G Worldwide provides seamless global, domestic and international insurance coverage solutions to US-based multinational companies.
The combination of Nationwide and Generali allows N2G Worldwide to provide a lifetime of customized protection to our global clients through creativity, flexibility, renowned service and happy, innovative colleagues utilizing a powerful portfolio of global and local products, virtually unmatched in-house risk analytics, engineering and client service capabilities and an owned, 180+ country global network.
At N2G Worldwide, we aspire to be the most admired, most caring, most innovative and most colleague and client-focused provider of global insurance solutions in the market.
Underwriter is responsible for underwriting foreign casualty and property accounts. She/he works with brokers to develop new business opportunities, then develops marketable rates and coverages based on the account needs and market conditions. This position is responsible for an underwriting territory covering assigned region/ zone and requires the availability to travel to or within the region/ zone for marketing and underwriting meetings.
This position is a remote or hybrid position.
This Position Is Responsible For
● Profitably producing and underwriting insurance business within the level of authority
● Negotiating pricing and conditions with brokers, in line with underwriting guidelines
● Liaising with brokers, clients, and carriers as needed and providing superior customer service to brokers and clients
● Assisting others in their function by providing information, backup and other support as required by the nature of the business
● Acting as the primary contact for medium / large size clients
● Participating in the definition of business strategies and budget forecasts by providing information on underwriting trends / results as needed
● Ensuring that underwriting data is accurate, complete and entered into the core management system promptly
● Complying with all applicable policies and procedures relevant to data entry and to the underwriting function
● Attending meetings with brokers and clients and taking an active role in putting forward new ideas to meet needs
Experience And Skill Requirements
● Bachelor’s degree, or on the job experience
● Preferred majors: risk management and insurance, economics, business, finance, accounting, mathematics
● A minimum of 2 to 5 years' experience underwriting at a Property and Casualty carrier
● Sound knowledge of insurance with specific reference to lines of business underwritten
● Knowledge of the insurance market both at the national and international level
● Availability to travel
● Self-motivated, self-confident; able to work as part of a team and on his/her own initiative
● Calm, flexible and organized approach to meet business needs
● Able to prioritize workload and coordinate the work of others
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Capable of independently tracking and completing multiple requests in a dynamic, international environment
● Strong computer technical acumen with expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office
● Experience and relationships with Foreign Casualty brokers
● Bi-lingual is a plus
Note: This position will be remote or hybrid.