Underwriter/ Sr Underwriter- Property
N2G Worldwide is a joint venture created by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company (Nationwide), one of the largest insurance and financial services companies in the U.S., and Generali Global Corporate and Commercial (Generali), a top global insurance company based in Italy.
N2G Worldwide provides seamless global, domestic and international insurance coverage solutions to US-based multinational companies.
The combination of Nationwide and Generali allows N2G Worldwide to provide a lifetime of customized protection to our global clients through creativity, flexibility, renowned service and happy, innovative colleagues utilizing a powerful portfolio of global and local products, virtually unmatched in-house risk analytics, engineering and client service capabilities and an owned, 180+ country global network.
At N2G Worldwide, we aspire to be the most admired, most caring, most innovative and most colleague and client-focused provider of global insurance solutions in the market.
Underwriter/ Sr Underwriters are responsible for underwriting property accounts. They develop marketable rates based on the account and market conditions, reviews the work of more junior underwriters, and participates in business development activity.
This Position Is Responsible For
● Profitably producing and underwriting insurance business within the level of authority.
● Negotiating pricing and conditions with brokers, in line with underwriting guidelines
● Participating in the definition of business strategies and budget forecasts by providing information on underwriting trends / results as needed
● Ensuring that underwriting data is accurate, complete and entered into the core management system promptly.
● Complying with all applicable policies and procedures relevant to data entry and to the underwriting function.
● Monitoring premium chasing activity results as necessary.
● Attending meetings with brokers and clients and taking an active role in putting forward new ideas to meet needs
Experience And Skill Requirements
● Bachelor’s degree or industry experience
● Experience underwriting Property at an insurance carrier, including but not limited to:
• Analyzing and interpreting risk engineering reports relative to pertinent underwriting information
• Analyzing and interpreting business income worksheets relative to pertinent underwriting information
• CAT analysis and selection of appropriate limits and deductibles
• Placement of facultative reinsurance
• Underwriting and pricing of HPR
• Determining deregulation eligibility
• Evaluation of supplemental or optional coverages
● Sound knowledge of insurance with specific reference to all classes of business underwritten
● Knowledge of the insurance market both at national and international level.
● Self-motivated, self-confident; able to work as part of a team and on his/her own initiative.
● Calm, flexible and organized approach to meet business needs.
● Able to prioritize workload and coordinate the work of others.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Capable of independently tracking and completing multiple requests in a dynamic, international environment
● Strong computer technical acumen with expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office