Product Specialist - Sr. Underwriter, Property
About N2G Worldwide Insurance Services, LLC
Product Specialists are responsible for underwriting larger accounts and more complex products. She/he develops marketable rates based on the account and market conditions, reviews the work of underwriters, and participates in business development activity. This position reports to the SVP of the West Zone and will work to produce and underwrite property business.
This Position Is Responsible For
● Profitably producing and underwriting insurance business within the level of authority
● Negotiating pricing and conditions with brokers, in line with underwriting guidelines
● Supervising the Underwriting Associates in the preparation and checking of underwriting documents and providing guidance as needed
● Liaising with brokers, clients, and carriers as needed and providing superior customer service to brokers and clients
● Assisting the SVP of the West Zone in their function by providing information, backup and other support as required by the nature of the business
● Participating in the definition of business strategies and budget forecasts by providing information on underwriting trends / results as needed
● Ensuring that underwriting data is accurate, complete and entered into the core management system promptly
● Complying with all applicable policies and procedures relevant to data entry and to the underwriting function
● Monitoring premium chasing activity results as necessary
● Attending meetings with brokers and clients and taking an active role in putting forward new ideas to meet needs
Experience And Skill Requirements
● Bachelor’s degree or industry experience
● Preferred majors: risk management and insurance, economics, business, finance, accounting, mathematics
● A minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience underwriting Property at an insurance carrier, including but not limited to:
• Analyzing and interpreting risk engineering reports relative to pertinent underwriting information
• Analyzing and interpreting business income worksheets relative to pertinent underwriting information
• CAT analysis and selection of appropriate limits and deductibles
• Placement of facultative reinsurance
• Underwriting and pricing of HPR
• Determining deregulation eligibility
• Evaluation of supplemental or optional coverages
● Sound knowledge of insurance with specific reference to all of business underwritten
● Knowledge of the insurance market both at national and international level.
● Self-motivated, self-confident; able to work as part of a team and on his/ her own initiative.
● Calm, flexible and organized approach to meet business needs.
● Able to prioritize workload and coordinate the work of others.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Capable of independently tracking and completing multiple requests in a dynamic, international environment
● Strong computer technical acumen with expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office
● Understanding of foreign language(s) is a plus