We are growing rapidly and seeking to hire Sr Underwriters, preferably in the Los Angeles area. This position would be a remote role.
About N2G Worldwide Insurance Services, LLC
N2G Worldwide is a joint venture created by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company (Nationwide), one of the largest insurance and financial services companies in the U.S., and Generali Global Corporate and Commercial (Generali), a top global insurance company based in Italy.Corporate and Commercial (Generali), a top global insurance company based in Italy.
The combination of Nationwide and Generali allows N2G Worldwide to provide a lifetime of customized protection to our global clients through creativity, flexibility, renowned service and happy, innovative colleagues utilizing a powerful portfolio of global and local products, virtually unmatched in-house risk analytics, engineering and client service capabilities and an owned, 180+ country global network.
At N2G Worldwide, we aspire to be the most admired, most caring, most innovative and most colleague and client-focused provider of global insurance solutions in the market.
Sr. Underwriter is responsible for underwriting commercial accounts (GL, Auto, Workers Compensation and Umbrella). She/he works with agents to develop new business opportunities, then develops marketable rates and coverages based on the account needs and market conditions. This position is responsible for an underwriting territory covering assigned region/ zone and requires the availability to travel to or within the region/ zone for marketing and underwriting meetings.
This Position Is Responsible For
● Profitably producing and underwriting insurance business within the level of authority
● Concentrating on complex casualty exposures for corporate customers with large deductibles or SIRs and loss sensitive structures
● Negotiating pricing and conditions with brokers, in line with underwriting guidelines
● Supervising Underwriting Associates in the preparation and checking of underwriting documents and providing guidance as needed
● Liaising with brokers, clients, and carriers as needed and providing superior customer service to brokers and clients
● Assisting the Regional Team Leads in their function by providing information, backup and other support as required by the nature of the business
● Acting as the primary contact for large size clients (with premium in excess of $1M for casualty lines)
● Participating in the definition of business strategies and budget forecasts by providing information on underwriting trends / results as needed
● Ensuring that underwriting data is accurate, complete and entered into the core management system promptly
● Complying with all applicable policies and procedures relevant to data entry and to the underwriting function
● Attending meetings with brokers and clients and taking an active role in putting forward new ideas to meet needs
Experience And Skill Requirements
● Bachelor’s degree required or on the job experience
● Preferred majors: risk management and insurance, economics, business, finance, accounting, mathematics
● A minimum of 10 years' experience underwriting at a Casualty carrier
● Sound knowledge of insurance with specific reference to Casualty lines of business underwritten
● Knowledge of the insurance market both at national and international level
● Availability to travel
● Self-motivated, self-confident; able to work as part of a team and on his/her own initiative
● Calm, flexible and organized approach to meet business needs
● Able to prioritize workload and coordinate the work of others
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Capable of independently tracking and completing multiple requests in a dynamic, international environment
● Strong computer technical acumen with expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office
● Experience and relationships with agents
● International experience is a plus
Note: Preferred candidate would be situated in the Los Angeles area.