About N2G Worldwide Insurance Services, LLC
N2G is a joint venture created by two insurance powerhouses: Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company (Nationwide), one of the largest insurance and financial services companies in the U.S., and Generali Global Corporate and Commercial (Generali), a top global insurance company based in Italy.
At N2G, the combination of Nationwide and Generali provides worldwide insurance protection, raised to the power of two:
· The power of an exceptionally broad portfolio of products
· The power of strong partnerships with brokers and agents to identify, solve, and prioritize global risks for their clients
· The power of Nationwide’s strong U.S.-based brand recognition and distribution, combined with Generali’s footprint as a global insurer across a large, 160-country network.
N2G delivers strong underwriting expertise uniquely synergized for domestic and foreign exposures, with seamless services and global capabilities.
Sr. Property Underwriters are responsible for underwriting larger accounts and more complex products. They develop marketable rates based on the account and market conditions, reviews the work of underwriters, and participates in business development activity.
This Position Is Responsible For
● Profitably producing and underwriting insurance business within the level of authority.
● Negotiating pricing and conditions with brokers, in line with underwriting guidelines
● Participating in the definition of business strategies and budget forecasts by providing information on underwriting trends / results as needed
● Ensuring that underwriting data is accurate, complete and entered into the core management system promptly.
● Complying with all applicable policies and procedures relevant to data entry and to the underwriting function.
● Monitoring premium chasing activity results as necessary.
● Attending meetings with brokers and clients and taking an active role in putting forward new ideas to meet needs
Experience And Skill Requirements
● Bachelor’s degree required
● Preferred majors: risk management and insurance, economics, business, finance, accounting, mathematics
● A minimum of 10 years’ experience underwriting Property at an insurance carrier, including but not limited to:
· Analyzing and interpreting risk engineering reports relative to pertinent underwriting information
· Analyzing and interpreting business income worksheets relative to pertinent underwriting information
· CAT analysis and selection of appropriate limits and deductibles
· Placement of facultative reinsurance
· Underwriting and pricing of HPR
· Determining deregulation eligibility
· Evaluation of supplemental or optional coverages
● Sound knowledge of insurance with specific reference to alls of business underwritten
● Knowledge of the insurance market both at national and international level.
● Self-motivated, self-confident; able to work as part of a team and on his/her own initiative.
● Calm, flexible and organized approach to meet business needs.
● Able to prioritize workload and coordinate the work of others.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Capable of independently tracking and completing multiple requests in a dynamic, international environment
● Strong computer technical acumen with expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office
● Understanding of foreign language(s) is a plus