In this position, you will utilize your in-depth knowledge of the insurance industry from marketing, pricing models, workflow tools, and policy administration interpreted by way of data. You will migrate and centralize N2G’s enterprise BI Data into a single cloud data platform to house enterprise data together while enhancing the user experience and support the growing demand of reporting, advanced analytics, and executive decision-based reporting use cases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Partner with N2G’s business stakeholders to understand reporting requirements and shape the company’s data strategy accordingly.
· Support the evolution of N2G’s data infrastructure across Underwriting Platform, pricing tools and integration with downstream processes (internal + external data feeds).
· Own the development of internal database systems and platforms across all of N2G platforms by providing technical assistance and oversight to developers.
Ensure data integrity, ongoing data cleanup activities are done in accordance with the data governance.
· Proactively tune database performance to ensure defined business requirements and service level agreements are met.
· Works closely with the VP of Information Technology and Compliance to ensure the database infrastructure is properly patched, monitored, and maintained.
· Diagnose and resolve database problems.
· Enhance N2G’s internal BI reports to create additional insights into N2G’s performance.
· Enable business users to create their own reports through PowerBi and Alteryx or other compatible software’s in the future with properly secured access rights to the databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Strong skills in troubleshooting, performance tuning, security, backup/recovery, and monitoring of large database management systems.
- Ability to independently run technical projects and directly interface with the business and vendors.
- Good interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to independently troubleshoot and resolve.
- Advanced knowledge of Data Management tools, techniques, and programing languages
- Demonstrates general understanding of overall data models, data relationships, mapping lineage and business rules
- Experience performing data analytics, managing complex SQL queries and working with BI platforms such as Alteryx or PowerBI
- Experience with data profiling & data quality, recommending improvements to best practices
- Proven track record in the Property & Casualty insurance industry
- Experience with Salesforce, Salesforce Velocity, Instec or other Policy administration systems is a plus.