Location: Washington DC Metro area
Job Category: DOL-AMSS-TASK-2.11
Minimum Clearance: National Agency Check Inquiries (NACI) security clearance
PREMIER is seeking focused Technical Writer to join a team of dynamic Department of Labor professionals supporting Acquisition Management Support Services objectives.
Contractor personnel shall have in-depth working knowledge of federal procurement regulations and policies, as well as the ability to perform complex cost and/or price analysis functions and be knowledgeable and experienced using electronic media, including Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power-point, etc.). Experience writing SOW's and/or PWS's desired. Additionally, provide personnel with the ability to quickly grasp procurement terms, methodologies, and processes, prepare contract files and associated electronic documentation and create procurement actions (e.g., contract, order, mod) for execution of all subsequent orders placed against the Subcontract.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan, develop, organize, proof, write and edit operational procedures and reports.
• Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy.
• Manage updates and revisions to technical literature.
• Analyze and tailor documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
• Produce high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience.
• Work with internal teams on product and documentation requirements.
• Write easy-to-understand correspondence.
• Contractor personnel shall have a bachelor’s degree in English, Political Science, History or any other specialty which requires extensive writing.
• Contractor personnel must possess strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Software. Contractor personnel must have excellent writing skills, be familiar with various writing styles, sentence structure, syntax, and the American Psychological Association (APA) style manual.
• The candidate shall have excellent writing skills and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Telework for contractor employees may be authorized on an ad hoc basis in accordance with the employer’s hiring policies. When authorized, telework must be approved in writing in advance by the COR and the CO in accordance with the terms and conditions described in this section.
• Contractor employees authorized to telework will be provided DOL equipment, which includes a laptop, or other device provisioned by DOL for secure authenticated access. No other equipment is authorized for use when teleworking.
• Contractor employees must employ appropriate safeguards and comply with any and all applicable DOL and Federal polices, specification/requirements, and procedures related to Personally Identifiable Information (PII), security, network, data, and communications.
• The Government will not provide or reimburse contractor employees for internet connectivity.
PREMIER Management Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability, or veteran status