PREMIER is seeking focused Sr. Contract Specialists III staff members to join a team of dynamic Department of Labor professionals supporting Acquisition Management Support Services objectives.
Contractor personnel shall have in-depth working knowledge of federal procurement regulations and policies, as well as the ability to perform complex cost and/or price analysis functions and be knowledgeable and experienced using electronic media, including Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power-point, etc.). Additionally, provide personnel with the ability to quickly grasp procurement terms, methodologies, and processes, prepare contract files and associated electronic documentation and create procurement actions (e.g., contract, order, mod) for execution of all subsequent orders placed against the Subcontract.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the Contracting Officer in conducting reviews of acquisition documents submitted by the Program Office to determine adequacy and sufficiency. Such as, market research reports, acquisition plans, request for quotes, request for proposals, etc.
• Support the Contracting Officer in source selections and will be required to sign Organizational Conflicts of Interest (OCI) and Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDAs). All source selection evaluation information made accessible to Contractor personnel shall be protected and treated as “Source Selection Sensitive” information as defined in FAR 2.101 and pursuant to 3.104, Procurement Integrity. All source selection information shall be marked as such.
• Prepare modifications for various contractual actions to include, but not limited to, contracts, purchase/delivery/task orders, blanket purchase agreements, indefinite delivery contracts, as necessary.
• Complete all assigned orders within the agency’s and CO’s established milestones.
• Complete and handle all files in accordance with acquisition regulations and DOL local policies and procedures.
• Administer and/or closeout Government contractual vehicles in accordance with regulatory guidance and DOL procedures.
• Participate in meetings as required. Meetings include acquisition planning meetings, pre- award conferences, periodic progress review meetings and other meetings as required by the Contracting Officer. During period review meetings, the Contracting Officer (CO) and/or Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) will address performance issues, if any, and appropriate actions to be taken. Attendance in the meetings shall be at no extra cost to the Government.
• Assist the Contracting Officer in preparing responses to Freedom of Information Requests and Protests actions.
• Contractor personnel shall have a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience in federal contracting, a bachelor’s degree, with 24 semester hours in business related coursework, from an accredited college or university
• The candidate shall have excellent writing skills and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• The candidate shall also be intimately knowledgeable with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR). Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) or Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) Level III is desired but not required.
Telework for contractor employees may be authorized on an ad hoc basis in accordance with the employer’s hiring policies. When authorized, telework must be approved in writing in advance by the COR and the CO in accordance with the terms and conditions described in this section.
• Contractor employees authorized to telework will be provided DOL equipment, which includes a laptop, or other device provisioned by DOL for secure authenticated access. No other equipment is authorized for use when teleworking.
• Contractor employees must employ appropriate safeguards and comply with any and all applicable DOL and Federal polices, specification/requirements, and procedures related to Personally Identifiable Information (PII), security, network, data, and communications.
• The Government will not provide or reimburse contractor employees for internet connectivity.
PREMIER Management Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability, or veteran status