Premier, LLC is seeking to fill a full-time position for a Contract Specialist I to support the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board (FRTIB) Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO). The position requires a clear understanding of contracting processes and includes assisting contracting specialists in all aspects of contract the contracting life cycle from pre-award to post-award activities, while providing recommendations for the improvement of FRTIB’s contracting processes.
THE CANDIDATE WILL PERFORM THE FOLLOWING DUTIES:
· Assist Contracting Officers (CO), Contract Specialists (CS) and Program Managers with procurement planning.
· Create draft acquisition strategies, draft solicitations, draft source selection and evaluation documentation and related training.
· Conduct market analyses to assess the ability of the marketplace to provide supplies and services as specified in Calls.
· Participate in the development and amendment of solicitations, to include all sections along with any draft custom contract clauses, in both FRTIB Approved and Uniform Contract Formats.
· Develop and maintain procurement schedules.
· Develop draft Source Selection Evaluation Plans.
· Review Source Selection procedures and guidance and recommend revisions.
· Assist in developing and supporting Source Selection kickoff meetings with Source Evaluation Teams (SET).
· Review, evaluate, and provide feedback on proposals (all types including technical, management, past performance) and quotes. Contractors must not be voting members on Source Evaluation Teams (SET).
· Review proposals and quotes for completeness and compliance with the Request for Proposal (RFP) / Request for Quote (RFQ) submission requirements. Only agency personnel will make final determinations regarding proposal or quote acceptability.
· Assist in documenting all findings, assessments and ratings by the evaluation teams.
· Assist in preparing evaluation team reports.
· Assess Contractor’s financial capabilities to perform agency requirements.
· Provide discussion and negotiation support to the CO and CS.
· Create Source Selection Authority (SSA) memorandums and reports.
· Create draft contract award documents. Only a CO will finalize and award contracts.
· Prepare and organize contract award correspondence and documentation.
· Create draft responses to questions from Contractor that did not receive an award.
· Prepare draft documentation and briefings to support Contractor requested debriefings.
· Assist CO/CS in developing and maintaining contract schedules, highlighting any interdependencies.
· Provide recommendations and advice on various contracting issues to include processes, procedures, and improvements.
· Attend and participate in meetings, coordination, and briefings with CO/CS.
· Maintain up-to-date contract files to include all applicable information and documents.
· Prepare contract documentation, including contract letters, modifications, delivery orders, call orders, briefings, etc.
· Review and distribute deliverable from other awarded contracts and agreements.
· Prepare draft negotiation memorandum.
· Assist with teaming agreements, reimbursable agreements, consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and other contract related documents.
· Create and maintain spreadsheets and other electronic tools to track contract ceiling, funding, billings, delivery orders, etc.
· Review invoices/vouchers, and make invoice certification recommendations for payment to CO/CS.
· Track contract value and funding data and undefined contract actions.
· Review and draft contracting correspondence as required.
· Review, comment on and evaluate the cost/price impacts of existing Contractor’s proposed costs and pricing.
· Prepare monthly and annual contract cost and schedule variance analysis.
· Create and maintain contract and program/project schedules, highlighting any inter dependencies and predecessors.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
The successful candidate will have:
· Strong stakeholder relationship management skills in High-OPTEMPO environment
· Strong organizational management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks, contracting management experience in supporting the day to day operations of a high-visibility program office
· Capable of using MS Office tools to prepare documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
· Excellent communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening)
· Proactive attitude that allows them the flexibility to adapt and adjust as necessary to meet short suspense’s and changing mission requirements
· Self-starter able to manage tasks with little or no supervision
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Minimum of (2+) years of relevant and recent federal acquisition/contracting experience.
· Candidates must have a current Public Trust security clearance and holding a PIV card.