About NewSchool of Architecture & Design: NewSchool of Architecture & Design (NewSchool) is a globally recognized and awarded design university known for its forward-thinking professors, an inspiring campus community, and top industry connections and collaboration opportunities.
NewSchool is seeking dynamic and qualified part-time instructors to serve as faculty in our Architecture Program teaching AR 951 Professional Practice I. Appointments will be part-time and will be made on a term-by-term bases. NewSchool faculty members educate and provide learning opportunities for students through face-to face, blended, and/or online delivery methods. They promote and facilitate student success by creating an environment conducive to learning and student involvement.
- Prepare and deliver course content based on meeting course and program learning outcomes
- Assess student performance on papers/examinations/projects
- Monitor student progress and provide student support in the form of feedback, coaching, and academic assistance
- Foster student success by showing flexibility in style and delivery methods as well as exhibiting a passion for teaching and student interaction
- Manage the learning environment through effective record keeping (i.e. Attendance reporting on a class by class basis, submitting grades and assessment reports on time, and enforcing NewSchool academic and attendance policies)
- Communicate with academic leadership regarding student difficulties or issues that arise
- Provide the necessary course documentation and archival for assessment review according to the adopted accreditation standards
- Report student outcomes and use this information for teaching and learning improvements
- Promote professionalism by modeling such behaviors inside and outside the classroom
- Collaborate with necessary departments to support a positive team environment
- Uphold NewSchool values, policies, and procedures
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Any other assistance deemed necessary to promote the program or maintain its teaching delivery at the highest level of quality.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in the field of study or closely related field.
- Demonstrated record of high-quality instruction, as shown by a minimum of two years of undergraduate teaching experience or an extensive record of relevant professional expertise.
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) and organizational skills.
- Professional design experience and demonstrate a record of recognized research which may include built work, scholarship, publications, or exhibits.
- Strong intellectual and artistic direction, and commitment and passion for architectural design.
- Ability to prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate and/or graduate students on topics such as architectural design methods, aesthetics and design, and structures and materials.
- Preferred knowledge of Blackboard or Canvas.
Reports To: Head of Architecture Programs
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Working Conditions: Work is performed primarily in a standard office or classroom environment but may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions, as necessary.
NewSchool of Architecture & Design is an equal opportunity, at will employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.