Luminus is a vertically integrated fast-growing high-tech company that engages in high power Light-Emitting-Diode (LED) solid-state lighting for a variety of application areas such as industrial UV, IR, medicals, projection displays, high-end illumination lighting, horticulture lighting, and automotive lighting. Luminus is at the forefront of the undergoing solid-state lighting revolution that will change lighting technology in almost every aspect of our everyday work and life. Luminus, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster a work environment that's inclusive as well as diverse and if you are looking for a place where you can grow, work hard, and have fun this is a GREAT opportunity to learn about the lighting technology world and be part of an exciting forward company!
Luminus is looking for a self-motivated and detail-oriented Characterization Engineer to measure and characterize LED products. You will work cross-functionally with Product Development, Test, and Marketing teams. This position is primarily located at Sunnyvale, CA.
- Plan and coordinate product testing to effectively describe the performance characteristics of LED products and their components.
- Develop reports and effectively communicate results, conclusions, and recommendations to Product Development and Marketing teams. Automate routine analysis tasks, as needed.
- Work closely with Test Engineering and Technicians to develop new characterization tools and methodology as well as to quickly learn and adapt to meet new product requirements.
Minimum Qualification Required:
- Master or PhD (preferred) degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering or related fields
- Excellent data analysis skills with a strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in computer languages used to automate data analysis, such as Python.
- Solid understanding of semiconductor device physics and optoelectronics
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Independently driven, ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks effectively.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- PPO, HMO, HDHP with HSA
- Paid Time Off & Corporate Holidays
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan w/ Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- And more!
Compensation Range: Annual Salary $100,000 - $115,000
Title and compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualification.