Luminus is a vertically integrated fast-growing high-tech company that engages in high power Light-Emitting-Diode (LED) solid-state lighting for a variety of application areas such as industrial UV, IR, medicals, projection displays, high-end illumination lighting, horticulture lighting, and automotive lighting. Luminus is at the forefront of the undergoing solid-state lighting revolution that will change lighting technology in almost every aspect of our everyday work and life. Luminus, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster a work environment that's inclusive as well as diverse and if you are looking for a place where you can grow, work hard, and have fun this is a GREAT opportunity to learn about the lighting technology world and be part of an exciting forward company!
The Reliability Engineer will develop reliability test plan and/or perform reliability tests to qualify LED devices in compliance with customer requirements. He/she will have responsibility for the design, assembly, qualification and calibration of reliability test equipment used in the reliability testing of LED devices. He/she will do preliminary failure analysis of LED devices.
- Develop, deploy and support test systems for package-level LED reliability testing to ensure quality. Assure tests are measured consistently and reliably through maintenance, monitoring and calibration routinely.
- Define, plan, perform and report on LED reliability tests in response to internal and external customer requests. Under the guidance of the Reliability Engineering Manager, review tests request and then design the test according to each unique request.
- Perform reliability test data analysis and preliminary failure analysis of LED. Collect, review and analyze data at each test interval and summarize report results when the test is completed. Also perform failure analysis with in-house tools or work with outside services to drive root cause finding and corrective action.
- Define test methodology compliant with industry test methods and standards such as IES LM-80, MIL STD 883, JEDEC, ISO17025 and NIST HB-150. Also in compliance with various applicable industrial standards, design tests to qualify devices based on its intended function and intended market.
- Qualify instrumentation in accordance with good industry practices and ISO9001 guidelines.
- Draft engineering documentation, operating procedures and manuals. Write new or revise existing documents under Documentation Control rules.
- Proactively look for new technology/process/material and share learning with others to promote a continuous learning/improving environment.
Qualifications for the Position:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or equivalent, advanced degree preferred.
- Strong hands-on experience on test equipment troubleshooting and maintenance
- Experience with optoelectronic device failure modes and analysis methods including Optical Microscope, Thermal Imaging, X-ray, SEM, EDX and Sectioning
- Proficiency in Excel, JMP and familiar with statistical analysis
- Experience with Optical Test Methodologies
- Knowledge of LED device physics and electro-optic performance
- Excellent fault-finding and troubleshooting skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to train and supervise technicians
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
Additional Desired Qualification/Experience:
- 2-5 years’ reliability and qualification test experience
- Familiar with acceleration test and lifetime modelling
- Experience with testing of LEDs or Lasers
- Experience in PC-based Data Acquisition, data logging, and Instrument control
- Knowledge of circuit design
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan w/ Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- And more!
Title and compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualification.