Luminus is a vertically integrated fast-growing high-tech company that engages in high-power Light-Emitting-Diode (LED) solid-state lighting for a variety of application areas such as industrial UV, IR, medicals, projection displays, high-end illumination lighting, horticulture lighting, and automotive lighting. Luminus is at the forefront of the undergoing solid-state lighting revolution that will change lighting technology in almost every aspect of our everyday work and life.
Luminus, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster a work environment that's inclusive as well as diverse and if you are looking for a place where you can grow, work hard, and have fun this is a GREAT opportunity to learn about the lighting technology world and be part of an exciting forward company!
The Senior Process Development Engineer will be a key member of the Technology R&D team and work with all functions to develop new light source technologies, support new product introduction and sustain small-scale manufacturing activities. The Senior Process Development Engineer will focus on ceramic phosphor technology development that is critical to the company’s business growth.
· Evaluate new ceramic phosphor materials systems and develop novel processes to manufacture ceramic components for next generation specialty LED light sources.
· Perform analysis of inorganic optical materials using characterization tools, including but not limited to electron microscopy, energy dispersive spectroscopy, integrating sphere spectroscopy, diffractometer, etc.
· Probe root causes for any materials-related performance issues of phosphor-converted LEDs through experimental design and data analysis.
· Investigate the structure-property relationship and apply understanding of modern inorganic optical materials to process development.
· Prepare internal and external technical reports to promote the continuous development of inorganic optical materials.
· Set up new test and processing equipment to enhance general R&D capabilities for optical materials.
· Develop ceramic processing techniques to support the production and engineering of phosphor materials.
· Scout new materials synthesis and processing technologies and evaluate the performance of state-of-the-art ceramic phosphor materials.
· Stay current with the latest challenges in the LED industry and evaluate novel processes to yield industry-leading materials solutions.
· Create intellectual properties to strengthen the competitive position of the company. Implement concepts/methods to improve overall R&D and production efficiencies.
· Create and maintain SOPs, training materials, and technician qualification procedures.
· Train and mentor technicians on various processing and characterization techniques.
Qualifications for the Position:
· Masters in Materials Science or related required.
· 1 year training with materials characterization tools required
Benefits & Perks:
· Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
· PPO, HMO, HDHP with HSA
· Paid Time Off & Corporate Holidays
· 401k Retirement Savings Plan w/ Employer Match
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Employee Assistance Program
· Life/AD&D Insurance
· And more!
Please visit us at www.luminus.com!