Luminus is a vertically integrated fast-growing high-tech company that engages in high power Light-Emitting-Diode (LED) solid-state lighting for a variety of application areas such as industrial UV, IR, medicals, projection displays, high-end illumination lighting, horticulture lighting, and automotive lighting. Luminus is at the forefront of the undergoing solid-state lighting revolution that will change lighting technology in almost every aspect of our everyday work and life. Luminus, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster a work environment that's inclusive as well as diverse and if you are looking for a place where you can grow, work hard, and have fun this is a GREAT opportunity to learn about the lighting technology world and be part of an exciting forward company!
We are looking for a Finance & Accounting leader who has strong experience in supervising all accounting and financial functions, implementing financial policy, performing financial risk assessment, and preparing annual budgets and forecasts. This is a great opportunity for someone to join a global and fast-growing company where you will have the ability to see the big picture and drive a lasting impact on Luminus.
The ideal candidate shall have more than 15 years of progressive Finance/Accounting experience in the high-tech manufacturing environment. This position will be a self-starter with experience in partnering with international colleagues across all functions to drive value and positive change across the organization. This position will be based in our Sunnyvale, CA Headquarters and report to the CFO.
- Partner with the executive team and functional heads to support the efficient and effective business operation flow, particularly in revenue delivery and profit generation.
- In charge of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and SEC reporting, if the company considers a potential public offering.
- Responsible for the external financial audit process, tax planning/provision, and accounting study. Maintain excellent communication and relationship with auditors in external CPA firms.
- Ensure the US GAAP financial compliance in monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings, including account reconciliations, accrual schedules, and general journal entries in B/S and P&L, to ensure the financial closings are performed accurately and on time.
- Prepare and implement quarterly P&L forecast and annual corporate budget with the key functional owners. Analyze discrepancies between actual and budgeted expectations, to take/recommend the corrective action.
- Oversee day-to-day operational needs with the Accounting Manager, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, expense management, customer credit analysis, and payroll process.
- Build relationships with global Sales & Marketing teams to drive inventory status awareness to facilitate additional sales generation and/or other inventory disposition activities.
- Work closely with the R&D team to review and study the project ROI, as well as the Operations team to drive the cost down in the product cost models on a timely basis.
- Support M&A activities, due diligence, and valuation analysis.
- Perform special projects as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field CPA is strongly desired
- 15+ years of experience in Finance/Accounting
- 5+ years of people management experience preferred
- Ability to partner and drive process improvements across all functions and geographies
- Hands-on to roll up the sleeves with his/her accounting staff into the details
- Customer-focused attitude, with a high level of professionalism and discretion S
- AP experience preferred
- Big 4 Public Accounting or public company experience is strongly desired
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- PPO, HMO, HDHP with HSA
- Paid Time Off & Corporate Holidays
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan w/ Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hybrid work environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- And more!
Title and compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualification.