Luminus is a vertically integrated fast-growing high-tech company that engages in high power Light-Emitting-Diode (LED) solid-state lighting for a variety of application areas such as industrial UV, IR, medicals, projection displays, high-end illumination lighting, horticulture lighting, and automotive lighting. Luminus is at the forefront of the undergoing solid-state lighting revolution that will change lighting technology in almost every aspect of our everyday work and life. Luminus, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster a work environment that's inclusive as well as diverse and if you are looking for a place where you can grow, work hard, and have fun this is a GREAT opportunity to learn about the lighting technology world and be part of an exciting forward company!
- The engineer will be a key member of the Technology R&D team and work with all functions to develop new LED technologies, support new product introduction and sustain manufacturing activities.
- The engineer will focus on a specific area of new LED component technology development that is critical to the company’s business growth.
- Sustain the manufacturing tasks. Plan daily activities, perform hands-on processing steps, implement and track SPC, and troubleshoot process issues.
- Plan and execute experimental designs for implementing engineering changes.
- Work closely with team members in supporting R&D engineering projects.
- Take ownership of relevant processing equipment. Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting duties.
- Lead and mentor technicians on a daily basis.
- Create and maintain SOPs, training materials, and technician qualification procedure.
Qualifications for the Position:
- Bachelor's degree in physical sciences or engineering required; Master's degree preferred.
- A strong work ethic. Demonstrated leadership skills are a big plus.
- Strong skills with statistical data analysis and DOE.
- Relevant work experience involving SPC is preferred. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Hands-on semiconductor and materials R&D equipment and instrumentation experience is highly desirable.
- Strong background in semiconductor physics and materials science. Working knowledge of fluorescence, color science, or ceramics is a big plus.
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- PPO, HMO, HDHP with HSA
- Paid Time Off & Corporate Holidays
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan w/ Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hybrid work environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- And more!
Title and compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualification.