Luminus is a vertically integrated fast-growing high-tech company that engages in high power Light-Emitting-Diode (LED) solid-state lighting for a variety of application areas such as industrial UV, IR, medicals, projection displays, high-end illumination lighting, horticulture lighting, and automotive lighting. Luminus is at the forefront of the undergoing solid-state lighting revolution that will change lighting technology in almost every aspect of our everyday work and life. Luminus, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster a work environment that's inclusive as well as diverse and if you are looking for a place where you can grow, work hard, and have fun this is a GREAT opportunity to learn about the lighting technology world and be part of an exciting forward company!
In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with a team with diverse expertise in R&D and commercialization of advanced laser components for applications in specialty lighting for applications such as projection and medical instruments. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, hands-on, goal driven, problem solver with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical issues through the implementation of practical solutions to complicated problems. The exact responsibility, title, and compensation package will be commensurate with experience level.
- Develop new laser component products for specialty lighting applications. This requires innovative thinking on concepts, conduct optical performance testing, hands on experimentation to validate design. Develop testing methodologies. Develop package manufacturing processes and transfer to contract manufacturing partners.
- Lead product development cycles. Coordinate teamwork with operation and marketing team.
- Assist multiple projects and track progress. Prepare and present development status at gate exit meetings.
- Collaborating with chip/epi teams in China to create optimized chip/package structure.
- Generating intellectual properties and work with patent attorneys to file patent applications.
Qualifications for the Position:
- Master or PhD degree in engineering, physics, materials or related fields.
- Experience/knowledge with optoelectronic device package design and process development is desired.
- Good understanding of edge-emitting and VCSEL laser device characteristics.
- Hands on experience of GaN and VCSEL laser product development is a big plus.
- Working with oversea CM experiences are big plus. Highly motivated individual with a strong desire and capable to learn.
- A good team player. “Whatever it takes” attitude. Sense of project ownership with strong desire to push projects toward end goals.
- Be able to travel internationally on a need basis. (Less than 10%)
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- PPO, HMO, HDHP with HSA
- Paid Time Off & Corporate Holidays
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan w/ Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hybrid work environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- And more!
Title and compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualification.