Luminus is a vertically integrated fast-growing high-tech company that engages in high power Light-Emitting-Diode (LED) solid-state lighting for a variety of application areas such as industrial UV, IR, medicals, projection displays, high-end illumination lighting, horticulture lighting, and automotive lighting. Luminus is at the forefront of the undergoing solid-state lighting revolution that will change lighting technology in almost every aspect of our everyday work and life. Luminus, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster a work environment that's inclusive as well as diverse and if you are looking for a place where you can grow, work hard, and have fun this is a GREAT opportunity to learn about the lighting technology world and be part of an exciting forward company!
The engineer will be a key member of the Technology R&D team and work with all functions to develop new light source technologies, support new product introduction and sustain small-scale manufacturing activities. The engineer will focus on ceramic phosphor technology development that is critical to the company’s business growth.
- Plan and execute experimental designs to improve performance and yield of ceramic phosphor component.
- Do original research and develop new manufacturing processes.
- Identify and qualify new equipment as needed to drive technology development.
- Take ownership of relevant processing equipment. Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting duties.
- Create and maintain SOPs, training materials, and technician qualification procedure.
- Mentor and lead technicians.
- Sustain the small-scale manufacturing tasks. Plan daily activities, implement and track SPC, and troubleshoot process issues.
Qualifications for the Position:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in physical sciences or engineering required.
- Hands-on working experience in advanced ceramic material processing technology development is highly desirable.
- Strong background in materials science, optics and solid-state physics. Working knowledge of luminescent material, color science and/or LED technology is a big plus.
- Hands-on equipment and instrumentation skills are highly desirable.
- Strong skills with statistical data analysis and DOE. Relevant work experience involving SPC is preferred.
- A strong work ethic. Self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment.
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- PPO, HMO, HDHP with HSA
- Paid Time Off & Corporate Holidays
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan w/ Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hybrid work environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- And more!
Title and compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualification.
Please visit us at www.luminus.com!