Luminus is a vertically integrated,
fast-growing high-tech company that engages in high power Light-Emitting-Diode
(LED) solid-state lighting for a variety of application areas such as
industrial UV, IR, medical, projection displays, high-end illumination
lighting, horticulture lighting and automotive lighting. Luminus is at the
forefront of the undergoing solid-state lighting revolution that will change
the lighting technology in almost every aspect of our everyday work and life.
If you are looking for a place that you can grow, work hard and have fun this
is a GREAT opportunity to learn about the lighting technology world and be part
of an exciting forward company!
We are looking for an entrepreneurial,
energetic and distinguished Finance & Accounting leader who is willing to
roll up her/his sleeves to partner with our International business operations,
oversee the Corporate Accounting function, drive process improvements and support
various FP&A activities. This is a
great opportunity for someone to join a global and fast growing company where
you will have the ability to see the big picture and drive a lasting impact to
The ideal candidate has more than 5 years of progressive Finance/Accounting experience with a blend of public accounting firm and private sector experience within a high-tech manufacturing company. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with experience in partnering with International colleagues across all functions to drive value and positive change across the organization.
This position will be based in our Sunnyvale, CA Headquarters and report to the Financial Controller.
- Support the finance team to drive process improvements and policy implementation across the organization, for the potential IPO readiness.
- Support the on-time accounting close activities, review the correctness of GL journal entries, understand B/S and P&L accounts in fluctuation analysis, and perform the appropriate reclassification JV entries if needed to ensure the high quality close.
- Coordinate with other accounting team members in improving internal control and documentation, particularly in B/S review in detail and B/S’ schedule preparation.
- Weekly review of A/R and A/P aging with the controller to ensure the on-time collection for the cash flow and adequate payment to the suppliers.
- Work with controller to enhance all of additional internal control compliance and SOX requirement cross-functionally, particularly with R&D, Sales, and Operations.
- Support FP&A activities such as corporate budgeting, forecasting, and KPI development
- Participate critical initiatives such as SAP reporting/upgrade, tax transfer price studies, etc.
- Support the controller and other accounting members on ad hoc projects as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required, with an CPA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Finance/Accounting
- Internal Control development and implementation experience desired
- Ability to partner and drive process improvements across all functions and geographies
- Fundamental knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and the ability to research and document accounting positions with BDO.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, problem solver with ability to be resourceful and quickly get up to speed
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
- SAP experience is a plus.