Luminus is a vertically integrated fast-growing high-tech company that engages in high power Light-Emitting-Diode (LED) solid-state lighting for a variety of application areas such as industrial UV, IR, medicals, projection displays, high-end illumination lighting, horticulture lighting and automotive lighting. Luminus is at the forefront of the undergoing solid-state lighting revolution that will change the lighting technology in almost every aspect of our everyday work and life. If you are looking for a place that you can grow, work hard and have fun this is a GREAT opportunity to learn about the lighting technology world and be part of an exciting forward company!
In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with a team with diverse expertise in R&D and commercialization of advanced LED components and system level products for applications such as human centric wavelength tuned COB. You will be working with and guiding Xiamen China team members to jointly developing new products from concept to a large volume manufacturing in China.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, hands-on, goal driven, problem solver with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical issues through the implementation of practical solutions to complicated problems. The exact responsibility, title, and compensation package will be commensurate with experience level.
1. Develop next generation COB LED products for general lighting applications. Work with marketing, process engineers, application engineers, quality and characterization teams to develop product requirements, detailed development plans, schedules and budgets.
2. Lead product development projects, including transfer of products into manufacturing. This includes material selection and developing BOM’s with performance, reliability, manufacturability and cost considerations in mind.
3. Prepare and present documentation for gate exit reviews. Ensure that all steps in company’s Development and NPI processes are achieved.
4. Organize reliability test work with both internal and external testing sites.
5. Collaborating with chip/epi teams in China to constantly improve performance and Marketing to develop product roadmaps.
Qualifications for the Position
1. Master or PhD degree in engineering, physics, materials or related fields.
2. 3 years or more working experience as a project/program manager
3. Mandarin language skill is a preferred. Previous experience working with overseas CM a plus.
4. Good understanding of COB LED products and their characteristics, including a good understanding of color science and optical engineering of LED’s.
5. Experience/knowledge with optoelectronic device package design and process development is desired.
6. Highly motivated individual with a strong desire and capable to learn. A good team player. “Whatever it takes” attitude. Sense of project ownership with strong desire to push projects toward end goals.
7. Be able to travel internationally on a need basis. (Less than 10%)