Luminus is a vertically integrated fast-growing high-tech company that engages in high power Light-Emitting-Diode (LED) solid-state lighting for a variety of application areas such as industrial UV, IR, medicals, projection displays, high-end illumination lighting, horticulture lighting and automotive lighting. Luminus is at the forefront of the undergoing solid-state lighting revolution that will change the lighting technology in almost every aspect of our everyday work and life. If you are looking for a place that you can grow, work hard and have fun this is a GREAT opportunity to learn about the lighting technology world and be part of an exciting forward company!
The Sr. Reliability Engineer will develop reliability test plan and/or perform reliability tests to qualify LED devices in compliance with customer requirements. He/she will have responsibility for the design, assembly, qualification and calibration of reliability test equipment used in the reliability testing of LED devices. He/she will do preliminary failure analysis of LED devices.
- Develop, deploy, and support test systems for package-level LED reliability testing.
- Define, plan, perform and report on LED reliability tests in response to internal and external customer requests.
- Perform reliability test data analysis and preliminary failure analysis of LED.
- Define test methodology compliant with industry test methods and standards such as IES LM-80, MIL STD 883, JEDEC, ISO17025 and NIST HB-150.
- Qualify instrumentation in accordance with good industry practices
- Write engineering documentation, operating procedures and manuals
- Train and support operating personnel
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or equivalent, advanced degree preferred
- 5-10 years’ reliability and qualification test experience
- Strong hands-on experience on test equipment troubleshooting and maintenance
- Experience with optoelectronic device failure modes and analysis methods including Optical Microscope, Thermal Imaging, X-ray, SEM, EDX and Sectioning
- Proficiency in Excel, JMP and familiar with statistical analysis
- Excellent fault-finding and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Optical Test Methodologies
- Knowledge of LED device physics and electro-optic performance
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to train and supervise technicians
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Familiar with acceleration test and lifetime modelling
- Familiar with ReliaSoft(Weibull++, ALTA)
- Experience with testing of LEDs or Lasers
- Experience in PC-based Data Acquisition, data logging, and Instrument control
- Knowledge of circuit design
- Broad programming skills (Labview, VB, MATLAB, C)