Luminus is a vertically integrated fast-growing high-tech company that engages in high power Light-Emitting-Diode (LED) solid-state lighting for a variety of application areas such as industrial UV, IR, medicals, projection displays, high-end illumination lighting, horticulture lighting, and automotive lighting. Luminus is at the forefront of the undergoing solid-state lighting revolution that will change lighting technology in almost every aspect of our everyday work and life. Luminus, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster a work environment that's inclusive as well as diverse and if you are looking for a place where you can grow, work hard, and have fun this is a GREAT opportunity to learn about the lighting technology world and be part of an exciting forward company!
We are looking for a Product Development Engineer with experience developing high power LED’s or semiconductors for the Medical, Life Sciences and Industrial market.
- Develop high power LED products for Medical, Life Sciences and Industrial applications. This requires innovative thinking on concepts, conducting optical performance testing and hands on experimentation to validate design.
- Bring a manufacturing mindset and expertise throughout the overall product realization process, including leading critical deliverables, such as DFMEA/PFMEA and assisting in the development of manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with chip/epi teams in China to create optimized chip/package structure.
- Lead product development cycles, while coordinating with the operations and marketing team.
- Manage multiple projects and track progress as a project manager. Prepare and present development status at phase exit meetings.
- Generate intellectual property and work with patent attorneys to file patent applications.
Qualifications for the Position:
- Master or PhD degree in engineering, physics, materials or related fields.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in product development, with at least 5 years in the Medical, Life Sciences or Industrial UVC sector.
- Extensive practice with critical processes such as D/PFMEA for UVC semiconductor products (LEDs or power semiconductors strongly preferred).
- Experience/knowledge with optoelectronic device package design and process development
- Good understanding of LED chip and device characteristics.
- Experience working with oversea CM’s is desirable.
- Highly motivated individual and good team player. “Whatever it takes” attitude - Strong sense of project ownership with strong desire to push projects toward end goals.
- Be able to travel internationally on a need basis. (Less than 10%)
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- PPO, HMO, HDHP with HSA
- Paid Time Off & Corporate Holidays
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan w/ Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hybrid work environment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- And more!
Title and compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualification.m.