Luminus is a vertically integrated fast-growing high-tech company that engages in high power Light-Emitting-Diode (LED) solid-state lighting for a variety of application areas such as industrial UV, IR, medicals, projection displays, high-end illumination lighting, horticulture lighting and automotive lighting. Luminus is at the forefront of the undergoing solid-state lighting revolution that will change the lighting technology in almost every aspect of our everyday work and life. If you are looking for a place that you can grow, work hard and have fun this is a GREAT opportunity to learn about the lighting technology world and be part of an exciting forward company!
In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with a team with diverse expertise in R&D and commercialization of advanced high power LED components and system level products for applications in specialty lighting for applications such as projection and medical instruments. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, hands-on, goal driven, problem solver with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical issues through the implementation of practical solutions to complicated problems. The exact responsibility, title, and compensation package will be commensurate with experience level.
· Next generation of high power LED products for specialty lighting applications. This requires innovative thinking on concepts, conduct optical performance testing, hands on experimentation to validate design. Develop manufacturing processes and transfer to contract manufacturing partners. The candidate should keep manufacturability in mind during design phase.
· Leading product development cycles. Coordinating teamwork with operation and marketing team.
· Manage multiple projects and track progress as a project manager. Prepare and present development status at phase exit meetings.
· Collaborating with chip/epi teams in China to create optimized chip/package structure.
· Generating intellectual properties and work with patent attorneys to file patent applications.
Qualifications for the Position
· Master or PhD degree with minimum 3 years experience in engineering, physics, materials or related fields.
· Experience/knowledge with optoelectronic device package design and process development is necessary.
· Good understanding of LED chip and device characteristics is necessary.
· Hands on experience of LED characterization is a big plus.
· Working with oversea CM experiences are big plus.
· Highly motivated individual and good team player. “Whatever it takes” attitude. Strong sense of project ownership with strong desire to push projects toward end goals.
· Be able to travel internationally on a need basis. (Less than 10%)