Luminus is a vertically integrated fast-growing high-tech company that engages in high power Light-Emitting-Diode (LED) solid-state lighting for a variety of application areas such as industrial UV, IR, medicals, projection displays, high-end illumination lighting, horticulture lighting and automotive lighting. Luminus is at the forefront of the undergoing solid-state lighting revolution that will change the lighting technology in almost every aspect of our everyday work and life. If you are looking for a place that you can grow, work hard and have fun this is a GREAT opportunity to learn about the lighting technology world and be part of an exciting forward company!
The Automotive Global is responsible for leading and coordinating Luminus’ efforts to develop and successfully launch specialized LEDs for automotive OEM applications.
Building on proven experience in the automotive market acquired at a Tier 1 and/or engaging Tier 1s as a supplier, you bring your expertise to establish the infrastructure and execute Luminus first product development targeted to automotive qualification. Well versed in all aspects of IATF/APQP, you coordinate with all supporting departments to ensure they execute in compliance with the process, overseeing both “what is done” and “how it is done”.
As a global program manager, you develop and manage an all-encompassing detailed “master schedule” for identified products and oversee the execution of the plan with each supporting function. You will be working with the internal teams in Sunnyvale CA, Xiamen China, and Hsinchu Taiwan as well as with several overseas contract-manufacturing partners.
You build on your seniority to drive process improvements where needed, identify critical resources missing that jeopardize schedule or product quality and work with the executive management team to resolve all gaps and issues preventing a timely and successful product release. In this high profile role, you have a dual responsibility of shaping Luminus’ development and operational execution strategy while owning the product development schedules.
Experienced in customer communication, you are the primary project interface and Luminus automotive authority for customer communications, including project update or resolution of technical issues. You actively contribute to marketing requirements, product requirements documents and overall product strategy by providing inputs acquired external engagements with customers or partners, as well as your industry-specific knowledge.
The successful candidate will have a well-rounded profile encompassing technical depth, team management, with sufficient familiarity with LED components (level 1 strongly preferred) and their manufacturing. He/she will leverage his/her deep automotive mindset to mentor Luminus support teams and drive the timely launch of automotive products with a zero-defect goal.
· Generate, oversee and coordinate Luminus global plan for the development and launch of automotive qualified LEDs, with a holistic approach integrating product development, supply chain and product engineering considerations.
· Work cross-functionally
to ensure that all automotive requirements are identified, supported and integrated
into product release plans.
· Bring automotive mindset and expertise throughout the overall product realization process, including leading critical APQP deliverables such as DFMEA/PFMEA.
· Working closely with the product development lead, oversee the execution of Luminus phase gate NPI process
· Report on overall program status to the automotive steering committee on a regular basis to review progress, open issues and proposed mitigation plans
· Work with Marketing and product development to generate product plans and roadmap for focus applications and help implement a family-based strategy to leverage and maximize platform investment across multiple products.
· Act as primary program management interface to customers for all technical and project matters, including product development schedules, PPAP communications and change management.
· Leads and coordinates the internal review of customer documents including customer-specific requirements, technical requirements and other contractual documents and coordinates Luminus’ answer to the customer.
· Ensure compliance with customer specific requirements in automotive industry.
· Bachelors of Science, in relevant Engineering discipline. Masters preferred.
· 10+ years’ of experience in end-to-end program management and/or product development of optoelectronic devices targeted to Automotive OEM market. PMP Certification by the Project Management Institute a plus
· Extensive practice of APQP/PPAP processes and hands-on experience with critical processes such as D/PFMEA for automotive semiconductor products (LEDs or power semiconductors strongly preferred). Familiarity with AEC.Q102 desired.
· Extensive experience leading D/PFMEA activities for
· Seniority and ability to identify process and organizational issues and drive improvement / transformation.
· Proven experience and proficiency handling project-level communications with Automotive customers (Tier 1 / OEM) at all stages of engagement.
· Experience working in multi-cultural environments and smaller structures
· Ability to work with teams worldwide in different time-zones
· Strong oral and written communication skills at all levels of management, customers and third-parties
· Ability to travel internationally (up to 20%)
Luminus, Inc. is an Equal Employment