Luminus is a vertically integrated fast-growing high-tech company that engages in high power Light-Emitting-Diode (LED) solid-state lighting for a variety of application areas such as industrial UV, IR, medicals, projection displays, high-end illumination lighting, horticulture lighting and automotive lighting. Luminus is at the forefront of the undergoing solid-state lighting revolution that will change the lighting technology in almost every aspect of our everyday work and life. If you are looking for a place that you can grow, work hard and have fun this is a GREAT opportunity to learn about the lighting technology world and be part of an exciting forward company!
The Product Manager Intern owns and drives all activities related to sustaining products throughout their life cycles, including but not limited to:
- Change Management: act as program manager by coordinating cross-functionally all tasks to review, approve and implement product changes. The product manager ensures that technical, financial, implementation and production transition issues are fully scoped and managed, with clear schedule and minimizing materials exposure as well as customer impact. Owns generating and coordinating PCN with Product Marketing and Customer Service (CS)
- Working with Product Engineers (PE), review yield and bin yield issues and identifies possible resolution. Work with Product Marketing and Product Engineering (PE) to review potential specification adjustments (customer spec, internal purchasing specs etc) to drive a resolution maximizing profit and eliminating creation of scrap / un-sellable material.
- Cost roadmap: drive cost reduction initiatives based on analysis of production data or requests from product marketing. Coordinates cross-functionally cost reduction initiatives and leads initiatives until completion
- Tracks product manufacturing data with product engineers and review the need for product management actions including creating of new bins or updates of product datasheets to keep product characteristics up to date.
- Generates and maintains product datasheets for assigned product lines.
- Act as Tiger team leader in the resolution of technical issues affecting production and drive the generation of diligent action plans with clear schedule, allowing supply chain to estimate accurately re-schedule dates to communicate timely with affected customers.
- Based on inputs from Marketing, work with supply chain to manage material and finished goods buffer stocks required to support the business and market requirements
- Identify candidates for EOL, review proposals with Marketing and drives the pruning process handling all aspects including monitoring of materials to prevent or limit scraps or over-stocks
- During new product development and introduction, work with PE, Marketing and Product Development (PD) to rationalize raw materials and pieces parts to maximize sharing between multiple SKUs, allowing to share material buffer between more SKUs, reducing risk/exposure and optimizing our costs by increasing our purchasing power.
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree (e.g. EE) required. Candidate needs to demonstrate technical abilities to understand manufacturing and attributes of hardware products . Familiarity with power semiconductors or lighting products a plus.
- Intern duration is for a minimum period of three months, with an opportunity for extension or conversion into a regular full-time position for successful candidates. Graduation internship preferred but candidates with LED-specific first experience (<2 years) considered.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to effectively coordinate and lead activities between functional teams and global sites.
- Strong attention to details and presentation skills
- Proficient with MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Proven abilities to perform data analysis and derive conclusions. Familiarity with software such as JMP desired.
- Candidate should be organized , analytic and have good project management aptitudes.
- Work in Sunnyvale, CA and able to travel as needed for the role (< 20%)