The Retail Area Manager’s primary responsibility is to uphold Moleskine’s values, while driving retail excellence within the US region. As an advanced leader with a tremendous focus on training and development, they will ensure that all Retail personnel display exceptional customer service and that all stores achieve their sales objectives.
- Uphold a consistent field presence to ensure each store is maintained to brand standards, runs smoothly, and meets budget/sales goals.
- Possess an excellent understanding of quality customer service, retail sales, KPI’s, distribution, inventory control, stockroom organization, and visual merchandising strategies.
- Identify, develop, and retain sales personnel and Store Managers across all US stores, encouraging participation.
- Perform store audits to ensure company expectations are met in all stores and provide guidance on corrective actions as needed
- Ensure all team members are well-trained on experience expectations and are actively delivering high-level customer service.
- Develop and enforce Best Practices to drive sales, cross promote services, and improve customer satisfaction throughout the territory.
- Assess business trends and actively partner with corporate stakeholders to strategize retail growth and drive business initiatives.
- Actively participate in sales events, training events, new store openings, and store operations throughout the territory.
- Partner with Human Resources to support Store Managers with personnel management (recruiting, training, performance and feedback, scheduling, etc.)
- Supports administrative duties of the Retail Channel as needed.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in multi-store management
- Results-oriented leader with a track record of attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, and leading others through fast-paced environments
- Deep and demonstrated understanding of service and sales excellence in a consumer environment
- Demonstrated experience in “bringing a brand to life”
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills. Must be able to analyze data and make recommendations and decisions based upon data, trends and outcomes.
- Excellent leadership skills – ability to motivate, coach, and direct employees towards success
- Strong analytical and communication skills with a knack for building consensus via influence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel – 50%
- Available to work some retail holidays as needed
Moleskine is an equal opportunities employer; we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that diversity brings to our workplace, our business and our customers. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of race and nationality, religion, color, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.