Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, the Inventory Planner is a liaison between the Moleskine America office (Operations, Sales, and Merchandising teams) and the distribution partner, and is responsible for:
- Managing inventory for the American main distribution center, especially for key clients from the US and Canadian market
- Monitoring order receipt, planning and executing inventory allocations, planning and executing special handling activities and monitoring order fulfillment in cooperation with distribution partner
- Managing customer setup, compliance, and relationship in cooperation with distribution partner
- Managing other setup activities with distribution partner
Inventory management and allocation
- Monitors inventory levels at the warehouse making sure that they are adequate to cover demand from the market
- Plans inventory allocations for US and Canadian key clients based on forecasts and open orders, guaranteeing maximum order fulfillment and avoiding chargebacks; properly executes allocations working with distribution partner
- Assesses overstock situation and monitors inventory coverage in compliance to the corporate calendar
- Monitors incoming shipments from overseas (Far East and Europe), pre-allocates inventory in order to guarantee stock coverage for key clients and properly execute the pre-allocation in cooperation with the distribution partner
- Assesses and monitor the need for transfers between domestic warehouses and reworking activities, to avoid out of stocks and passes instructions along to logistics and production counterparts.
- Monitors out of stock risks in the medium-long term, assesses the magnitude of revenue shortfalls and addresses with HQ the inventory issues that cannot be resolved with domestic or planned inventory.
Order monitoring, allocation, special handling planning and fulfillment
- Monitors open orders portfolio, making sure that they are in line with sales forecasts
- Works with distribution partner to make sure that inventory is adequately allocated among customers in case of inventory shortages
- Monitors launch-related activities for new items: analyzes order vs. inventory before actual launch execution and proper allocates of inventory in case of shortages
- Plans and executes special handling activities or value-added services with distribution partner
- Plans and timely executes special projects, pre-launches or chain rollouts in cooperation with distribution partner
- Works with sales on day by day tasks, notifies them about order or inventory issues.
- Measures and monitors service level to customers and makes sure that it stays in control.
Customer management and compliance
- Has access to key clients online portals for setup activities, forecasts and orders, monitors supply chain KPIs with the goal of better managing the vendor-client relationship
- Supports in the assessment of new customers; analyzes routing, packing and logistic guidelines with distribution partner; works with sales and distribution partner at the definition of terms, Incoterms and allowances and execution of the setup of new customers
- 3-5 years of experience in inventory planning
- Adept in inventory management modeling, forecasting, reporting and automation
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Statistics or related field
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of ERP systems and SQL-based systems
- Knowledge of SO99+ or other integrated planning system
- Knowledge of SAP
- Ability to work under compelling deadlines
- Ability to design new processes or enhance existing ones
Moleskine America is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Moleskine America is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.