Rhythm is a renewable energy and technology company empowering you to take control of your budget and your footprint. We combine energy market expertise with technology, design, and data science to create best-in-class products and services that are simple, delightful, and seamlessly integrated with the rhythm of your life. Our mission is to upend the energy status quo by setting a new standard of service excellence and customer partnership. We are a mission-driven, results-oriented group of engineers, businesspeople, designers and artists who love solving tough problems, all while making a positive impact on our communities.
About the Director of Product
The ideal candidate for the Director of Product will combine a strong technical foundation with demonstrated experience creating delightful consumer products at scale, using consumer feedback, an analytical mindset, and attention to detail to guide the development of a platform that millions will trust to be their energy partner. The role will work closely with Rhythm’s founders and the executive team to create and execute a vision for energy market leadership. Rhythm is well funded and will grow very rapidly in 2020.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of product management experience, with increasing responsibility, demonstrated ability to solve complex UX and design challenges, and demonstrated history of product ownership
- Highly analytical and data-driven decision-maker who seeks to measure everything
- Ability to distill complex workflows into defined stories and tasks, communicating with equal fluency with business and technical counterparts
- Deep technical background and understanding of software development processes
- Deep familiarity with Agile frameworks and Scrum
- Experience working in fast-paced environment, with a preference for experience in start-up, fast-scaling environments
- Thoughtful organizer with experience creating and maintaining key product documents and ensuring they are up-to-date and reflect company-wide best input, including artifacts specific to: competitive analysis, product strategy and vision, specs and requirements, KPIs, roadmaps, prototypes, user journeys/stories, release notes, internal guides/FAQs, customer-facing guides/FAQs
- Experience organizing product priorities including balancing short term, detailed feature delivery, with long-term, high-level competitive direction
- Experience using industry leading software platforms for visualizing product development (Balsamiq, InVision, Moqups, Lucidchart, etc.)
- Able to adapt in a rapidly changing business and industry
- Strong business mindset, able to assess the marketplace to provide business logic for product decisions
- Deep passion for the challenge of changing the energy status quo
- Experience creating a positive office culture
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working in B2C environments or e-commerce platforms strongly preferred
- Passion for sustainability, renewable energy, and conservation a plus
- Own and execute the product roadmap, prioritizing and de-prioritizing product features by combining and coordinating input from stakeholders both internal (Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Operations), and external (customer feedback, regulatory input).
- Own product launch strategies
- Develop and execute detailed plans for user testing, with a focus on integrating user feedback into all new product introductions. Develop a culture of continued development/enhancement post launch
- Develop business cases to support product roadmap and create expected financial impacts that align to product roadmap
- Lead creation of institutional knowledge base, used by all members of the Rhythm team, ensuring a detailed, team-wide knowledge of the Rhythm customer experience and planned enhancements
- Own and drive improvements in key customer success metrics, including: CLV, churn, CSAT, NPS
- Upon hiring, serve as an independent product contributor who will own product roadmap, evolving to a team lead with oversight of product managers. Upon hiring, serve as mentor, thought-partner and organizer of Engineering and Data Science resources
- Monitor and assess Scrum activities to help evaluate and enhance team performance
- Partner with executive team and Marketing leadership to define and execute product marketing, including: positioning, messaging, customer development and the go-to-market strategy, as well as, post-launch, efforts to drive demand for specific product offerings
- Preference will be given to applicants local to Houston, TX or New York City, NY
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive base salary and bonus, with meaningful opportunity to participate In company success
- Complete benefits package, including PTO, Medical, 401k, HSA/FSA, etc.