Programs Coordinator is responsible for coordinating Hustle N Code hackathon, Junior SCLA, alumni activities/outreach, events. This person will coordinate relationships with corporate partners, school leaders, alumni, and volunteers. This person will report directly to the Director of Programs and provides support for all programs. The candidate needs to be highly organized and take initiative. Candidate must be passionate about improving the lives of young Black and Latino boys in marginalized communities. Full Job Description
· Coordinate the Hustle and Code Hack-a-thons details of the event which include outreach, location, volunteer recruitment, marketing, catering and décor;
· Coordinate Jr.SCLA that focuses current middle school students which will be a pipeline to the Summer Coding Leadership Academy
· Coordinate partners, volunteers, contractors relating to the Hack-a-thon and vendors etc.
· Assist the Director of Programs with alumni outreach, mentorship program and outreach.
· Coordinate outreach efforts in regards to corporate volunteers;
· Coordinate community and database among volunteers for special events;
· Assist in building strong relationships with partners (i.e schools, corporate, and families);
· Assist in maintaining relationships with all TXT partners;
· Conduct volunteer orientation and training;
· Assist with developing experiences for volunteers to engage with parents and students in regards to social justice and computer science initiatives;
· Coordinate TXT events to improve CS and Tech education in underserve communities;
· Develop and coordinate marketing for programs.
· Others duties as assigned.