TITLE/POSITION: Outreach Coordinator (Full-Time)
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
REGION: Remote, US
DATE: December 3, 2021
Do you love planning events?
Does getting the details right, and making sure events go smoothly sound like your ideal job?
Are you the type of person who excels at juggling multiple tasks at the same time?
When given a task, do you think “challenge accepted”?
Who Are We? Long Capture promotes the advancement of commercial companies and their technology through government funding programs such as the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR), Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR), and other strategic opportunities. By leveraging its network of government officials, industry partners, and universities, Long Capture drives growth for clients in the DoD space. What is This Position About?
The Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the and staff in carrying out all event coordination and marketing tasks for Long Capture. As the Outreach Coordinator, you will have your hand in almost every step of the event planning process, including, but not limited to identifying requirements and expectations, handling logistics, planning, event coordination, purchasing merchandise and supplies, booking and coordinating spaces, booking and managing travel, preparing agendas, managing event set-up and tear-down, and reporting on data and statistics related to each event, questionnaire/webinar/form coordination, and data entry/analysis. Additionally, he or she will manage the company store, coordinating and communicating with third-party vendors, and miscellaneous administrative tasks.
Who is This Role For?
A competitive candidate for this position will be professional, polite, organized, detail-oriented, and efficient. He or she will have a strong ability to plan, organize, and execute events. He or she will have experience handling a vast range of administrative and marketing activities with a strong ability to handle written and oral communication with clients and vendors. He or she will be comfortable with computers and will adapt to new software platforms quickly. Most importantly, he or she will have a strong, demonstrated sense of responsibility and a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
What Will You Be Responsible For?
● Plan, organize, and execute all events
● Collect, analyze, and report on event related data
● Organize and coordinate key stakeholder meetings
● Coordinate merchandise purchases
● Coordinate email marketing activities
● Manage the company store
● Update and monitor questionnaires, webinars, and the company website
● Data entry, research, and analysis to produce reporting on key performance metrics in the CRM
● Provide administrative support
● Other duties as assigned
What Qualifications Do You Need?
● Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Event Management, or Hospitality preferred
● Minimum of 2-3 years of event planning experience required
● Minimum of 4 years of administrative experience required
● Event planning and project management experience required
● Administrative and marketing experience required
● Ability to work well under pressure
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Outstanding vendor management skills
● Ability to problem solve
● Strong ability to plan, organize, and execute tasks
● Demonstrated sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
● Strong attention to detail and follow up
● Strong ability to multitask
● Basic graphic design skills
● Basic experience in WordPress
● Basic experience in Adobe
● Excellent computer skills
● Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office programs
● Ability to lift 20+ pounds
● Moderate travel required
What Benefits Do We Offer?
As a full-time role, this position offers a competitive benefits package:
- $55,000 annual salary
- Fully remote position
- Flexible work schedule
- Unlimited PTO
- Employer subsidized health insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company match
- Tuition assistance
- Company provided laptop & annual office supply budget
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Paid military leave for employees in the Reserves or Guard
Other: Candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.