TITLE/POSITION: Innovation Strategist – Business Development (Full-Time)
REGION: Remote, US
Do you thrive by building lasting relationships?
When given a task, do you think “challenge accepted”?
Do you enjoy taking the seemingly complex and making it simple?
Are you the one who researches everything?
Do you enjoy connecting people to help them achieve their goals?
------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
Who Are We?
Long Capture promotes the advancement of commercial companies and their technology through government funding programs such as the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR), Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR), and other strategic opportunities. By leveraging its network of government officials, industry partners, and universities, Long Capture drives growth for clients in the DoD space.
What is This Position About?
The Innovation Strategist accountable for Business Development will be responsible for finding, creating, engaging, and maintaining strong relationships with potential customers and end-users in order to aid the signing of Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) and Letters of Support (LOS’) for clients. The Innovation Strategist will have a heavy focus on researching and developing these potential leads in Program Offices, Operational Units, and other military organizations. He or she will create strategies to connect end-users with clients who have technology that would benefit the warfighter. The Innovation Strategist will be expected to build and maintain a strong network of connections through phone calls, email, attending events, etc.
Who is This Role For?
A competitive Innovation Strategist will be a self-motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently to solve problems. He or she will be skilled at understanding new ideas quickly and be able to confidently communicate these ideas through both verbal and written forms. He or she will be comfortable interacting with high level officials, including military leaders and DoD stakeholders, among others. He or she will be skilled at quickly building networks of contacts, developing, and maintaining strong relationships. He or she will have a strong, demonstrated sense of responsibility and will take pride in his or her work.
What Will You Be Responsible For?
● Research organizations and individuals to find new opportunities and generate leads
● Research and engage potential customers and end-users to establish rapport and build strong, long lasting relationships
● Connect network of contacts with clients
● Be the connection to ensure Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) and Letters of Support (LOS’) are signed
● Proactive and effective collaboration with Capture Strategists through robust relationships to connect clients with network of DoD contacts
● Build out strategies to facilitate partnerships between contacts and clients
● Build network of Government Customers and others for Small Business through email, phone calls, and in-person meetings
● Stay up to date on industry trends through research, conferences, meetings, and industry events
● Maintain competency with Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and other Department of Defense (DoD) program requirements
● Other duties as assigned
● Moderate travel required (25%)
What Qualifications Do You Need?
● Minimum of twelve years of Department of Defense (DoD) experience required
● Related sales or business development experience, federal sales experience is a plus
● Familiarity with military organizational structure and culture
● Strong knowledge of and experience using CRM software (i.e. - Salesforce, Sharpspring, Hubspot, or similar platform)
● Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with large network of contacts
● Strong attention to detail and follow up to keep cultivated leads “warm”
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Ability to breakdown complicated information into layman’s terms
● Ability to prioritize work
● Demonstrated sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
● Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
● Ability to breakdown strategic ideas into actionable tasks
● Strong presentation and communication skills
● Growth mindset and adaptability to keep up with frequently changing industry
● Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time
What Benefits Do We Offer?
As a full-time role, this position offers a competitive benefits package:
- Up to $130,000 annual salary
- Fully remote position
- Flexible work schedule
- Unlimited PTO
- Employer subsidized health insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company match
- Tuition assistance
- Company provided laptop & annual office supply budget
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Paid military leave for employees in the Reserves or Guard
Other: Candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.