TITLE/POSITION: Business Development Associate (Full-Time)
REPORTS TO: Business Development Manager
REGION: Remote, US
DATE: September 4, 2020
Long Capture & Contract Management connects world-class technology to the warfighter.
Long Capture & Contract Management (LCCM) is a government contract consulting firm laser-focused on capturing research and development contracts for cutting edge commercial technology through the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR), Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR), and other Department of Defense (DoD) programs. The federal government is the single largest purchaser of goods and services in the world, but the way the federal government conducts business is far different than the private sector. The solicitation procedures, evaluation processes, and terms and conditions are complex, confusing, and oftentimes frustrating. Through training, consulting, webinars, and events, our team of Veteran consultants leverages billions of dollars of federal acquisition experience to demystify the acquisitions process and capture millions in government funding for our clients while delivering world-class technology to the warfighter.
The Business Development Associate will be responsible for finding, creating, engaging, and maintaining strong relationships with potential partnership clients, universities, nonprofits, research institutions, and other organizations that would develop and lead to customer discovery in the Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR), Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR), and/or other Department of Defense (DoD) programs. The Business Development Associate will have a heavy focus on researching and cultivating these potential partnerships. He or she will be expected to build and maintain a strong network of connections through phone calls, email, attending events, etc. He or she will create strategies to connect their network of contacts with clients who have technology that would benefit the warfighter.
A competitive Business Development Associate will be a self-motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently to solve problems. He or she will be skilled at understanding new ideas quickly and be able to confidently communicate these ideas through both verbal and written forms. He or she will be comfortable interacting with high level officials, including military leaders and DoD stakeholders, among others. He or she will be skilled at quickly building networks of contacts and developing relationships. He or she will have a strong, demonstrated sense of responsibility and will take pride in his or her work. He or she will have the ability to navigate the organizational structure of universities, nonprofits, research institutions, and other similar organizations in order to form strong partnerships for our clients.
● Research organizations and individuals to find new opportunities
● Research and engage potential partnership clients and organizations to establish rapport and build strong relationships
● Cultivate network of relationships with universities, nonprofits, research institutions, and other organizations through email, phone calls, and in-person meetings
● Organize and manage archive of contacts
● Build out strategies to facilitate partnerships between contacts and clients
● Connect network of contacts with clients
● Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events
● Report and escalate to Management as needed.
● Attend all mandatory meetings, training, and events.
● Respond to all correspondence in a professional, timely manner
● Other duties as assigned
● Experience working in or with a university, nonprofit, research institution, and/or similar organization
● Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Ability to prioritize work
● Familiarity with military organizational structure and culture
● Demonstrated sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
● Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
● Ability to breakdown strategic ideas into actionable tasks
● Strong presentation and communication skills
● Strong attention to detail and follow up
● Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, GSuite
● Experience with federal or DoD acquisition processes is a plus
Other: Candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
Benefits: As a full-time position, this position offers a competitive benefits package. This full-time position offers a competitive salary and flexible work schedule. This position is fully remote.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.