TITLE/POSITION: Sales Associate (Full-Time)
REPORTS TO: Chief of Staff
REGION: Remote, US
DATE: August 13, 2020
Long Capture & Contract Management connects world-class technology to the warfighter.
Long Capture & Contract Management (LCCM) is a government contract consulting firm laser-focused on capturing research and development contracts for cutting edge commercial technology through the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) program and other Department of Defense (DoD) programs. The federal government is the single largest purchaser of goods and services in the world, but the way the federal government conducts business is far different than the private sector. The solicitation procedures, evaluation processes, and terms and conditions are complex, confusing, and often times frustrating. Through training, consulting, webinars, and events, our team of Veteran Capture Strategists leverages billions of dollars of federal acquisition experience to demystify the acquisitions process and capture millions in government funding for our clients while delivering world-class technology to the warfighter.
A competitive Sales Associate will be a self-motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently to manage their workload. He or she will be skilled at understanding new ideas quickly and be able to confidently communicate these ideas through both verbal and written forms. He or she will be comfortable interacting with a large range of clientele on a daily basis. He or she will be skilled at quickly building networks of contacts and developing relationships. He or she will have a strong, demonstrated sense of responsibility and will take pride in his or her work.
● Negotiate new contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
● Develop and review acquisition strategies and sales pipeline through the use of CRM Software
● Ensure high levels of client satisfaction through excellent sales service
● Find and establish potential clients through networking and industry research
● Build and nurture strong, long-lasting client relationships
● Conduct sales meetings to educate potential clients on our services and answer questions regarding our service agreements
● Maintain competency with SBIR and other DoD program requirements to ensure client has suitable product
● Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. client load, sales results)
● Develop and collaborate with management team to identify and grow opportunities
● Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
● Develop and facilitate referral partnerships with companies that provide related services that could benefit our clients
● Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and implement new sales strategies
● Report and escalate to Management as needed.
● Attend all mandatory meetings, trainings, and events.
● Respond to all correspondence in a professional, timely manner
● Other duties as assigned
● 3-5 years of relevant sales and/or business development experience
● Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
● Proven ability to juggle multiple projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
● Strong interpersonal skills and comfort meeting with potential clients on a daily basis
● Willingness to adapt and implement new marketing strategies and sales methods
● Strong presentation and negotiation skills
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Ability to prioritize work
● Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
● Demonstrated sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
● Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
● Ability to exercise sound judgement in effectively addressing client concerns
● Strong verbal/written communication skills
● Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, GSuite, and Client Relationship Management (CRM) software
● Familiarity with military organizational structure and culture is a plus
Other: Candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
Benefits: As a full-time position, this position offers a competitive salary, commission, and benefits package as well as a flexible work schedule. This position is fully remote.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.