TITLE/POSITION: Capture Strategist (Full-Time)
REPORTS TO: Capture Manager
REGION: Remote, US
DATE: June 20, 2021
Long Capture & Contract Management connects world-class technology to the warfighter.
Long Capture & Contract Management (LCCM) is a government contract consulting firm laser- focused on capturing research and development contracts for cutting edge commercial technology through the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) program and other Department of Defense (DoD) programs. The federal government is the single largest purchaser of goods and services in the world, but the way the federal government conducts business is far different than the private sector. The solicitation procedures, evaluation processes, and terms and conditions are complex, confusing, and often times frustrating. Through training, consulting, webinars, and events, our team of Veteran Capture Strategists leverage billions of dollars of federal acquisition experience to demystify the acquisitions process and capture millions in government funding for our clients while delivering world-class technology to the warfighter.
A Capture Strategist is responsible for supporting clients in the preparation of their proposal
packages throughout the various phases or stages of the Department of Defense (DoD)
proposal processes. He or she will research and analyze changing DoD proposal requirements and review their clients’ proposals to ensure that they are compliant with all relevant directives. He or she is responsible for managing the relationships with each of his or her assigned clients, including responding to inquiries both via telephone and e-mail, conducting meetings, and providing feedback in a professional, timely manner. He or she is responsible for ensuring that each client’s proposal submission is reflective of best-known practices for proposal development. The Capture Strategist will work to find and help connect his or her clients with potential customers and end-users interested in the proposed service or product. He or she will be expected to develop strategies on behalf of their clients on how best to engage their DoD End-users/Customers.
A competitive candidate for this position will be familiar with a variety of the fields concepts, practices and procedures. He or she will rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and perform a variety of tasks. A wide degree of latitude is expected. He or she will also enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
● Develop, facilitate, and execute strategies for client expansion in the DoD
● Manage client relationships including responding to inquiries, conducting meetings, and
troubleshooting problems in a timely, professional manner
● Research and analyze the various DoD program requirements to ensure compliance for
all client proposal package
● Research and engage potential customers and end-users to establish rapport and build
● Connect end-users with clients
● Report and escalate to Management as needed
● Other duties as assigned
● 4 years minimum of combined Department of Defense and Industry experience
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
● Experience managing client relationships
● Ability to breakdown strategic ideas into actionable tasks
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Ability to prioritize work
● Demonstrated sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
● Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
● Strong presentation and communication skills
● Strong attention to detail and follow up
● Strong knowledge of Microsoft
Travel: This position has the potential for travel once or twice a month.
Other: Candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
Benefits: As a full-time position, this position offers a competitive benefits package, a
competitive salary, and a flexible work schedule. This position is fully remote.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an at-will relationship.