TITLE/POSITION: Capture Manager (Full-Time)
REPORTS TO: Noelle Tuss – Director of Capture & Contracts
REGION: Remote, US
DATE: July 17, 2020
Long Capture & Contract Management connects world-class technology to the warfighter.
Long Capture & Contract Management (LCCM) is a government contract consulting firm laser-focused on capturing research and development contracts for cutting edge commercial technology through the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) program and other Department of Defense (DoD) programs. The federal government is the single largest purchaser of goods and services in the world, but the way the federal government conducts business is far different than the private sector. The solicitation procedures, evaluation processes, and terms and conditions are complex, confusing, and often times frustrating. Through training, consulting, webinars, and events, our team of Air Force Veteran consultants leverages billions of dollars of federal acquisition experience to demystify the acquisitions process and capture millions in government funding for our clients while delivering world-class technology to the warfighter.
A Capture Manager is responsible for managing a team of Capture Strategists and Proposal
Support Coordinators and assisting them to find strategic opportunities, throughout the various phases/stages of the Department of Defense (DoD) proposal processes. He or she will research and analyze changing DoD proposal requirements and review their teams proposals to ensure that they are compliant with all relevant directives. A Capture Manager will lead Contract Strategists through client Strategic Financing and Phase III opportunities.
The Capture Manager will also lead and support a team of Capture Strategists and Proposal Support Coordinators and strive to assist in their growth and success as employees at Long Capture. He or she is responsible for managing the relationships with each of his or her assigned team members, conducting 1:1 meetings with Capture Strategists, and providing performance feedback in a professional, timely manner. He or she is responsible for ensuring that each team’s proposal submission is reflective of best-known practices for proposal development. The Capture Manager will help connect clients with potential customers and end-users interested in a proposed service or product. He or she will be expected to develop team strategies to better support their respective clients. He or she will work with the Director of Capture & Contracts to optimize processes for consulting related workflows and services.
A competitive candidate for this position will possess both the people skills needed to lead a team as well as the strong knowledge of the fields concepts, practices and procedures that is needed in order to guide both Contract and Capture Strategists through the intricacies of the DoD’s proposal processes. He or she will rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and perform a variety of tasks. A wide degree of latitude is expected. He or she will also enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. A competitive candidate will endeavor to mentor and further the betterment of those whom he or she manages by creating strategies for their success and ensuring that they are completing all tasks to the best of their abilities. He or she will search for areas that are in need of improvement and will work with their supervisor to design enhanced systems that benefit others on their team.
● Manage team of Capture Strategists and Proposal Support Coordinators
● Assist in the optimization of consulting related processes, workflows, and services
● Develop and review proposal packages in accordance with Company best practices
● Manage client relationships including responding to inquiries, conducting meetings, and
troubleshooting problems in a timely, professional manner
● Assist with client Strategic Financing and Phase III opportunities
● Research and analyze the various DoD program requirements to ensure compliance for
all client proposal package
● Research and engage potential customers and end-users to establish rapport and build
● Connect end-users with clients
● Delegate project tasks to junior staff members based on their individual strengths, skill
sets, and experience levels
● Report and escalate to Management as needed
● Other duties as assigned
● 4-8 years of Defense Acquisitions and/or Federal Contracting experience, Department of
● Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
● Ability to manage a small team and facilitate their growth as successful employees
● Ability to establish and implement team goals and objectives
● Experience managing client relationships
● Ability to breakdown strategic ideas into actionable tasks
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Ability to prioritize work
● Demonstrated sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
● Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
● Strong presentation and communication skills
● Strong attention to detail and follow up
● Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, GSuite
Travel: This position has the potential for infrequent travel.
Other: Candidate must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to employment.
Benefits: As a full-time position, this position offers a competitive benefits package, a
competitive salary, and a flexible work schedule. This position is fully remote.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an at-will relationship.