It's in our design to seek out creative challenges so we can develop fulfilling experiences for everyone. Our culture is one that rewards hard work, authenticity, curiosity, expertise, and a good sense of humor. At Prophecy Games we offer a competitive salary, FREE daily lunches, a gym membership, 401(k) retirement plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life and other voluntary benefits. Join our team in driving innovative experiences for the next generation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely with audio and design to develop and architect new audio systems within Unreal Engine 4/5 and Wwise.
- Architect systems as required to work in a network server client environment.
- Test and refine audio systems throughout the development cycle of the project.
- Manage performance optimization of audio in engine and middleware Wwise
- Write clear, maintainable, portable code. • Participate in code and architecture reviews.
- Work on additional general programming tasks as needed.
- Keep up to date with techniques, algorithms, and advancements in the the field of game audio.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Exceptional C/C++ design and programming skills.
- 3+ years of software programming experience.
- Solid foundation in 3D math including Linear Algebra.
- Familiar with UE4 and the blueprint system.
- Experienced in developing core audio systems/features.
- Complete understanding of advanced audio concepts. (mixing, signal flow, occlusion, obstruction, data compression, reverb, early reflections, attenuation, etc)
- A strong passion for game audio.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science or similar discipline (Math, Physics, CE or EE) or equivalent experience through professional game development, indie projects, or mods.
- Team-oriented but self-motivated.
- Thrives upon change. Comfortable prototyping and working with iterative development process.
- Experience with programming online multiplayer games.
- Knowledge of console development.
- Experience with Unreal engine.
- Experience with Wwise
- Experience with animation subsystems.
- Knowledge of source control.
- Experience with Windows/PC programming.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to have the ability to read, frequently communicate with others to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Employee is often required to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time sit for extended periods of time, may be expected to spend long hours in front of a computer screen. and use their hands and fingers to type.
Employee is occasionally required to move about inside the office to attend meetings, access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. The employee may be expected to make quick decisions, supervise workers, read or write, speak publicly, or interpret information and data.
Employee constantly operates a computer and related equipment and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
Employee is required to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
Employee may be required to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state (if applicable) and local (if applicable) standards / laws.
Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local law, including meeting qualitative and / or quantitative productivity standards.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically exposed to a general office environment noises and interruptions such as printers, phones, and people. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
This position may be required to work or irregular hours (overnight, weekends, overtime, etc.)
Equipment Usage During Work Period:
- Computer: 70%
- Phone and Electronic Devices: 30%
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.