Role and Responsibilities
- Design and architect new game features and fix defects using C++ within the Unreal Engine 4.
- Architect systems as required to work in a network server client environment.
- Test and refine systems throughout the development cycle of the project.
- Work closely with design and art disciplines in the development of products.
- Write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Participate in code and architecture reviews.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Exceptional C/C++ design and programming skills.
- 3+ years of software programming experience.
- Background in math including Linear Algebra.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science or similar discipline (Math, Physics, CE or EE) or equivalent experience thru professional game development, indie projects, or mods.
- Team-oriented but self-motivated.
- Thrives upon change. Comfortable prototyping and working with iterative development process.
- Passion for games. Strong work ethic.
- Problem solver.
- Experience with programming online multiplayer games.
- Knowledge of console development
- Experience with Unreal engine.
- Familiar with Blueprints and UMG.
- Experience with animation subsystems.
- Knowledge of source control.
- Experience with
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to have the ability to read, frequently communicate with others to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to others accurately, loudly, or quickly.
The employee is often required to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time sit for extended periods of time, may be expected to spend long hours in front of a computer screen. and use their hands and fingers to type.
The employee is occasionally required to move about inside the office to attend meetings, access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
The employee may be expected to make quick decisions, supervise workers, read or write, speak publicly, or interpret information and data.
The employee constantly operates a computer and related equipment and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
The employee is required to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
The employee may be required to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state (if applicable) and local (if applicable) standards / laws.
Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local law, including meeting qualitative and / or quantitative productivity standards.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically exposed to a general office environment noises and interruptions such as printers, phones, and people. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
This position may be required to work or irregular hours (overnight, weekends, overtime, etc.)
Equipment Usage During Work Period:
· Computer: 70%
· Phone and Electronic Devices: 30%
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.