Overview: Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking bold and dynamic engineers who are preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
Summary: This position will work on-site at our headquarters in Houston, Texas. The electronics test engineer will be responsible for the design, performance and documentation of electronics tests.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment
Duties and Responsibilities:
• This position will play a key role in testing and qualifying electronic components and modules for a spaceflight environment.
• Prepare and fully execute test plans and analysis for single event effect and total ionizing dose
• Perform testing to characterize parts and assemblies for function as well as various environments (vibration, temperature, etc.)
• Conduct radiated, conducted, and susceptibility EMC/EMI testing.
• Assist in developing test plans, procedures, and related documentation.
• Maintain high standards of safety during all phases of testing.
• Support NASA milestone reviews including PDR, CDR, SDR, FRR, etc
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer / Electrical Engineering
• Strong background in electronics and laboratory testing experience (experience with radiation testing is a plus).
• Experience with various test environments (LabView, automated lab equipment, etc.)
• Familiarity with PCB design for component testing
• Ability to identify failures in radiation testing and knowledge on how to mitigate common failure mechanisms induced by ionizing radiation
• Modeling experimental test data with on-orbit data.
• Experience Analyzing radiation transport through spacecraft shielding.
• Ability to troubleshoot failures and investigate root causes.
• Familiarity with NASA, DOE, or DOD test standards.
• Familiarity with common data and power protocols (1553, 422, I2C, USB, etc).
• Familiarity with lab test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.)
• Extraordinarily organized, able to prioritize and follow through on all work
• Excellent communicator who is flexible and accessible
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and work in a dynamic environment
• Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost-saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis or race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.