Axiom Space is an emerging
leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services.
Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless
calling to explore, innovate, cooperate, and progress, Axiom strives to make
living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today
to the International Space Station while building its successor: the world’s
first international commercial space station.
avionics technician will be responsible for the fabrication, assembly, and test
of avionics systems for both ground and spaceflight hardware.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assemble complex prototype electromechanical equipment within an engineering lab environment.
• Initiate and monitor the execution of automated test protocols on completed assemblies.
• Perform rework operations on electronic printed circuit board (PCB) assemblies.
• Build small-scale cable harnesses or sub-assemblies according to drawing specifications.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Ability to independently interpret assembly drawings and diagrams.
• Experience with bench test equipment (Power Supply, Oscilloscope, Ohmmeter, etc.) that is typically used in basic electronic board troubleshooting.
• A detail-oriented approach to work, for example, precise measurement and data recording into electronic or manual test logs.
• Ability to solder surface mount and through-hole components on PCBs for prototype and rework.
• Ability to function well within a small team environment with potentially shifting priorities throughout the workday.
• Familiarity with IPC standards for PCB inspection
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
• Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost-saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
• Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is considered an essential employer under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency. Unless a reasonable accommodation is required due to a disability, all new hires will be required to work on site.