OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is an emerging leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore, innovate, cooperate, and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International Space Station while building its successor: the world’s first international commercial space station.
SUMMARY: The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will be the primary person to greet Axiom’s arriving guests and responsible for getting them to the appropriate person. This individual will also perform other administrative duties as assigned by the Executive Business Administrator.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Greet guests with a smile and a welcoming tone
· Answer a multi-line phone and direct incoming calls appropriately, notate accurate messages from and be able to assist guests and resolve internal/external inquiries
· Ensure VIPs receive personalized service while maintaining a high level of confidentiality and discretion
· Provide administrative support to office staff by assisting with daily office duties. Records filing, copying/scanning, distribute mail and correspondence, and other documents to staff as appropriate
· Responsible for mailing out Private Books
· Run errands and order office material/supplies as needed
· Will assist with catering for meetings and events, as well as set up and breakdown of the meeting room as needed
· Screen emails, mail, and meeting requests, prioritizing and directing calls/requests/mail to other staff as appropriate
· Will assist with correspondence for signature as needed
· Undertake special projects as requested and as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
· Experience within the Aerospace Industry preferred
· 2- 4 years of experience as a receptionist
· High school diploma required
· Skilled in using Microsoft Office or Windows software
· Extraordinarily organized, able to prioritize and follow through on all work
· Excellent communicator who is flexible and accessible
· Skilled in working in an office setting and supporting multiple staff members
· Ability to handle multiple assignments and working in a dynamic environment
· Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits the organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
· Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
· Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment