Axiom Space is the emerging leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore, innovate, cooperate, and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International Space Station while building its successor: the world’s first international commercial space station.
This position will be responsible for executing the following engineering processes:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will play a key role in the testing of embedded hardware and software for commercial human spaceflight modules.
- Participate in design reviews with an emphasis on testability
- Works closely with the design engineer to ensure the accuracy of tests
- Designs / Develops test systems and test software
- Document and execute test plans and verification procedures
- Communicate with subject matter experts across disciplines, users, and management throughout the software test and development lifecycle.
- Proactively resolve anomalies encountered in embedded software testing and integration.
- Support NASA milestone reviews including PDR, CDR, SDR, FRR, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS: To be successful in this role, an individual should have an entrepreneurial mindset, be eager to solve problems and identify original opportunities. They should show commitment to inspire others; be eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
- Aerospace test experience;
- Experience coding in LabView for data acquisition and valve control.
- Experience with CompactRIO systems for data acquisition and valve control.
- Experience wiring and connecting sensors to data acquisition systems.
Education & Experience
- BS Engineering in a field such as Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, Aerospace, or BS Physics or Applied Physics
- Experience with Aerospace applications is a
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Avionics is a plus
- Familiarity with testing equipment (oscilliscopes, power supplies, meters, function generators, DAQs, etc.)
- Ability to develop test software in LabView, C/C++, VB, Python, etc.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication method
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost-saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resource
- Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is considered an essential employer under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency. Unless a reasonable accommodation is required due to a disability, all new hires will be required to work on-site.