Axiom Space is the emerging leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore, innovate, cooperate, and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International Space Station (ISS) while building its successor: the world’s first international commercial space station.
This position will be responsible for defining and executing the following engineering processes:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop spacecraft system hazard reports and gain approval at ISS Safety Review Panel
- Determine spacecraft system hazard causes, their corresponding controls, and methods to verify the controls are in place
- Responsible for end-to-end system safety analysis and documentation
- Perform trade studies for safety and mission assurance of system designs and integration
- Develop safety data management systems for accurate record-keeping
- DDT&E and management of spacecraft systems
- Document problems and hazards encountered in testing and verification processes
- Develop quality management systems and processes, record-keeping systems, PRACA, and process reliability standards
- Work in a collaborative engineering team environment to produce systems for a commercial human spaceflight module
Education & Experience
- 5+ years working in systems engineering and spacecraft safety
- B.S. in Engineering, Math or Science required (graduate degree preferred)
- Required: Experience with human spacecraft safety processes, spacecraft Hazard Analysis, and Failure Mode Effects Analysis
- Desired: Experience as a member, chairperson, or an executive officer of a NASA human spaceflight Safety Review Panel
- Background in Safety and Mission Assurance of human-rated spaceflight systems
- Confident, driven and dynamic leader adept at team building
- Entrepreneurial mindset, eager to solve problems and identify original opportunities
- Shows commitment to inspiring others
- Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
§ Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
§ Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
§ Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
§ Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
§ Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost-saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
§ Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is considered an essential employer under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency. Unless a reasonable accommodation is required due to a disability, all new hires will be required to work on-site.