Axiom Space is the emerging leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore, innovate, cooperate, and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International Space Station while building its successor: the world’s first international commercial space station.
This position will be responsible for executing the following engineering processes:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Work in a collaborative engineering team environment to produce GNC systems for a commercial human spaceflight module
· Responsible for design, development, testing, certification, and operation of human-rated commercial spacecraft GNC system
· Specifically, responsible for developing navigation software algorithms and flight software.
· Select navigation sensors
· Integrate navigation system into overall avionics architecture
· Perform navigation analysis and testing
Perform trade studies for technical
Education & Experience
· B.S. in Engineering, Math or Science required (graduate degree a plus)
· Experience with simulation and modeling with GN&C development that may include…6DOF Trajectory Design, Monte Carlo analysis, Phase controllers, PID controllers, IMU/S, GPS, Star Trackers, Optical navigation, Guidance techniques, Relative Navigation techniques, C++ Programing, Trick, Chronos simulation, and integrated performance analysis
· Knowledge of navigation equations and guidance algorithms
· Basic familiarity with Kalman filtering techniques
· Understanding of navigation avionics systems and navigation hardware integration
· Software development, including operational flight programs,
· Force and moment equation build-up, equations of motion
· Knowledge of flight dynamics
· Experience translating system level requirements to the navigation subsystem level and to navigation subsystem vendors
· Experience programming in C/C++ and embedded software
· Oral and written communication skills
· Entrepreneurial mindset, eager to solve problems and identify original opportunities
· Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
· Can balance speed of innovation with the rigors and discipline required of human spaceflight
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
· Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
· Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is considered an essential employer under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency. Unless a reasonable accommodation is required due to a disability, all new hires will be required to work on site.