OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is an emerging leader in human spaceflight
and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental
conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore,
innovate, cooperate, and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in
space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International
Space Station while building its successor: the world’s first international
commercial space station.
avionics technician will be responsible for the fabrication, assembly, and test
of avionics systems for both ground and spaceflight hardware.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The avionics technician will assemble, test, and integrate prototype, qualification, and space-rated avionics hardware.
electronics fabrication, assembly, and test of avionics systems from conception
avionics wire harnesses, terminations, connectors, pin and socket assemblies, harness
shields, ground terminations, and related components per drawings.
to populate and test Printed Circuit Board (PCB) assemblies while following
assembly instructions and test procedures.
- Support the testing of batteries, capacitors, high-voltage, and other critical electronics components and systems.
- Perform electronics fabrication inspection of work to confirm defective free assembly prior to final delivery.
- The ability to read and understand electrical drawings and diagrams of avionics systems, assemblies, and wiring layouts.
be able to interact with all engineering disciplines and technical management
in a professional team-oriented environment.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree, commercial, or military aircraft experience is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience developing spaceflight or military aircraft avionics.
- Background and experience with board-level, system-level, and spacecraft-level electronics hardware.
ability to fabricate, assemble, and test avionics and electrical assemblies.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost-saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
- Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is considered an essential employer under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency. Unless a reasonable accommodation is required due to a disability, all new hires will be required to work on-site.