OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is an emerging leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore, innovate, cooperate, and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International Space Station while building its successor: the world’s first international commercial space station.
SUMMARY: The Medical Mission Manager on will be responsible for operational integration and mission management during the pre-, in-, and post-flight phases of Axiom missions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Participate in development of concept of operations, create operations integration procedures (OIPs), and provide input to generic flight rules
· Provide preflight mission management for assigned missions, including mission planning and integration
o Prepare inputs to relevant documents including Increment Definition and Requirements Document (IDRD), Medical Operations reference documentation, and On Orbit Summary (OOS)
o Participate in development of flight specific flight rules
o Participate in mission meetings and formal reviews including Joint Operations Panels (JOPs) and Flight Readiness Reviews (FRRs)
· Provide inflight mission management
o Support ISS increment meetings including the Increment Management Team (IMT) and planning meetings
o Support Failure Investigation Team (FIT) meetings and anomaly resolution as needed
o Coordinate private and other conferences with required participants
· Participate in postflight mission management, including debriefs
This is a contract position with the potential to convert to full-time employment.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
· BS or MS in an engineering or science discipline
· At least 4 years in spaceflight industry with direct experience in medical operations for spaceflight
· Experience as ISS BME Increment Lead
· Current or expired NASA ISS BME Specialist console certification
· Demonstrated BME mission management experience. Knowledge and awareness of NASA and Medical regulations for astronaut safety and health.
· Understanding of flight rules for crew safety
· Knowledge of NASA requirements and ability to interface with appropriate NASA organizations
· Exceptional leadership, communication, and writing skills
· Extraordinarily organized, able to prioritize and follow through on all work
· Excellent communicator who is flexible and accessible
· Ability to handle multiple assignments and working in a dynamic environment
· Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
· Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
· Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment