OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is an emerging leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore, innovate, cooperate, and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International Space Station while building its successor: the world’s first international commercial space station.
SUMMARY: The Medical Operations Integration - Trainer will be responsible for the development and integration of Axiom’s medical support program and processes, training, and astronaut data management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Overseeing the development and integration of concept of operations, training requirements, and training curriculum
· Supporting the development and documentation of processes and systems to assure comprehensive and efficient medical support for Axiom astronauts
· Development of data retention processes and systems
· Implementation of training including scheduling, coordination of resources, development of JIT training materials, and instruction of private astronauts on Med Ops topics
· Coordination of development of medical kits to support Axiom astronauts
· Working closely with the Lead Medical Program Manager to coordinate medical personnel and interface with NASA and contractors, ensuring integration of program requirements
· Supporting the astronaut preflight, inflight, and postflight process
· Participation in the development of the Axiom Segment, including medical requirements and transition to independent operations
This is a contract position with the potential to convert to full-time employment.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s or Master’s in a Science, Medical, Nursing or Engineering discipline
· A minimum of 5 years in spaceflight industry with direct experience in medical operations for spaceflight
· Experience with medical operations integration, medical kit development, and astronaut training
· A current license in nursing or a health care field is highly desired
· Demonstrated medical integration skills and experience
· Knowledge and awareness of NASA and Medical regulations for astronaut safety and health
· Understanding of flight rules for crew safety
· Knowledge of NASA requirements and ability to interface with appropriate NASA organizations
· Knowledge and experience working with medical data and HIPAA
· Extraordinarily organized, able to prioritize and follow through on all work
· Excellent communicator who is flexible and accessible
· Ability to handle multiple assignments and working in a dynamic environment
· Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
· Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
· Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment