OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is an emerging leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore, innovate, cooperate, and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International Space Station while building its successor: the world’s first international commercial space station.
SUMMARY: The Sales Associate will support sales across several of Axiom’s revenue lines with a particular emphasis on private astronaut missions to orbit. The Sales Associate will demonstrate an ability to identify, target and convert prospects into clients with their thorough understanding of the Company’s value proposition and by organizing and bolstering existing relationships, while also cultivating new relationships that are aligned with the company’s needs in order to achieve sales and profitability.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Engage and establish meaningful connections with an existing prospect list of highly affluent individuals and corporate sponsors
· Develop prospects by heavy networking, referrals, cold calling, direct selling and business development
· Create collateral, write proposals, gain appropriate approvals, and present approved material to prospective customers
· Move prospects through sequential stages of sales process
· Complete all administrative tasks and duties in a timely manner
· Enlists the support of sales specialists, product teams, and management resources as needed
· Find and cultivate relationships with channel partners and other influencers whose networks are populated by potential customers
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
· Demonstrated success in direct selling or channel partner sales to high-net-worth and corporate sponsor client base
· Undergraduate degree in business management, marketing or equivalent experience
· Minimum 3 to 6 years’ sales experience, with track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals
· Ability to effectively translate company’s value proposition into a compelling case
· Ability to understand customer base and to influence them with innovative approaches
· Proficient with some or all of the following software: CRM, SEO, analytics, email marketing, design
· Completed sales training coursework reputable strategic selling program
· Professional, confident, driven and dynamic
· Exceptional strategic, creative, interpersonal skills
· Articulate, sophisticated communicator, able to convey information in a clear and compelling way
· Additional languages other than English a plus
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and sales presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Achievement Focus - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals
· Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures
· Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals. Entrepreneurial mindset, eager to solve problems and identify original opportunities
· Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
· Discretion – Some of Axiom’s customers and partners require confidentiality and as such the Sales Associate will be responsible for coordinating and maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
· Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment