OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is an emerging leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore, innovate, cooperate, and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International Space Station while building its successor: the world’s first international commercial space station.
SUMMARY: The Scrum Master / Jira-Confluence Administrator will be responsible for will be responsible for the overall management, development and innovation of the program’s Jira and Confluence systems in support of Scrum activities and will manage Jira/Jama integration for requirements development, progression and reporting across the organization. The candidate must be able to work well within a high-pressure environment, across multiple team environments, be comfortable in a fast-paced climate, be comfortable presenting and facilitating, and must be able to lead and drive change for implementation of program effectiveness
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Managing the overall integrated agile environment to meet the organizational needs including leadership, oversight, implementation and ongoing development of the Jira, Confluence, Jama and other related agile and software platforms;
• Providing ongoing assessment, analysis and continuous improvement to the agile environment to elevate program effectiveness and efficiencies towards customer and contract goals;
• Documenting systems, processes and decisions within the Jira and agile environment;
• Hands on experience leading cleanup and refinement initiatives to increase system functionality and usability;
• Maintaining and managing projects, boards, workflows, tasks/issues, permissions and users including setting permissions and maintaining security for JIRA projects and Confluence spaces;
• Developing, managing, facilitating and delivering training on Jira and related agile platforms to program staff, customer and others to continuously advance workflow sophistication, efficiencies and effectiveness;
• Facilitate performance improvement planning, scrums, sprints etc. for multiple projects;
• Running daily/weekly/monthly scrum meetings
• Tracking work progression on a daily basis
• Ensuring that stories contain the right level of detail before development
• Analyzing business requirements, needs and impacts to efficiently translate them to JIRA stories
• Testing new versions of the tools and plug-ins to ensure compatibility, rolling out across the program and teams as needed;
• Advancing JIRA filters, reporting, dashboards, workflows and fields to be more user friendly and visually appealing, increasing innovation, use and legibility for project managers, customer and other stakeholders;
• Seeking and demonstrating best practices, bringing innovation and advancements to the program and customer agile and communication environments;
• Ensuring documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
• Overseeing multiple responsibilities within tight deadlines, remaining responsible and flexible to customer and team needs while setting priorities and managing expectations.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, Business Administration. or related field
• 3+ years’ experience as Scrum Master or Agile Project Manager with current certifications
• Scrum Master experience using Jira specifically for Scrum management
• 1+ year experience as a Jira Administrator
• 1+ year of Atlassian Suite (Jira/Confluence) experience
• Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of Agile lifecycle, principles, documentation and repository tools
• Proven skills in data/requirements mapping and use case development
• Extraordinarily organized, able to prioritize and follow through on all work
• Excellent communicator who is flexible and accessible
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and working in a dynamic environment
• Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
· Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
· Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment