OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is an emerging leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore, innovate, cooperate, and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International Space Station while building its successor: the world’s first international commercial space station.
SUMMARY: The Propulsion Engineer will be responsible for designing, building and testing propulsion systems for the spacecraft.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Works, understand and supports definition of requirements for propulsion systems, auxiliary power systems and vehicle fuel and tank systems.
· Works, understand and supports definition, coordination and control of the functional and physical interfaces between the propulsion system and the vehicle.
· Works, understand and supports development of specifications and architectural and configuration concepts for associated vehicle systems to meet customer and regulatory requirements.
· Plan, coordinate and develop test requirements and evaluate test results ensure compliance
· Supports the use of various testing, analysis, modeling and simulation tools to estimate or calculate system performance.
· Supports the definition and performance of certification tests for propulsion sub-systems and components.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics required.
· 3 years’ experience in propulsion engineering
· Knowledge of test principles, tools, and processes and procedures.
· Experience of propulsion system design, analysis principles, tools and processes.
· Knowledge of certification and qualification processes and procedures.
· Experience in testing of propulsion systems or their components for integration on a flight vehicle.
· Ability to obtain US Security Clearance
· Extraordinarily organized, able to prioritize and follow through on all work
· Excellent communicator who is flexible and accessible
· Ability to handle multiple assignments and working in a dynamic environment
· Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
· Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
· Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment