OVERVIEW: Axiom Space is an emerging leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore, innovate, cooperate, and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International Space Station while building its successor: the world’s first international commercial space station.
SUMMARY: The GN&C Engineer will be responsible for design and analysis support for guidance, navigation and control (GN&C) for space vehicles.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Modeling and development of computer-based vehicle simulations
· Document designs, analysis and test results and present data to internal and external stakeholders
· Perform engineering analyses of space vehicles guidance and navigation systems
· Develop guidance algorithms integration of internal systems, GPS and other sensors
· Support critical evens that require the presence of engineering support to ensure flawless execution
· Monitor performance of subsystem
· Gather, define and document system level requirement to support control and mission
· Resolve requirement conflicts
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in science or engineering or related degree
· A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience required
· Must be able to obtain security clearance
· Familiarity with Trick simulation tool and environment preferred
· Familiarity with GSFC core flight software tools and environment preferred
· Adept to working in a team environment as well as individually
· Extraordinarily organized, able to prioritize and follow through on all work
· Excellent written and oral communication, capable of communicating complex technical issues
· Ability to handle multiple assignments and working in a dynamic environment
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
· Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
· Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment