ROLE: Senior Logistics
JOB TYPE: Full Time (Exempt)
Overview: Axiom Space is an emerging leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services. Guided by the fundamental conviction that human spaceflight answers a timeless calling to explore, innovate, cooperate and progress, Axiom strives to make living and working in space commonplace by providing unprecedented access today to the International Space Station while building its successor: the world’s first international commercial space station.
Summary: The Senior Logistics Engineer is responsible for first determining, defining and documenting a comprehensive set of logistics philosophies, concepts and processes and then procuring, manifesting and packing the necessary logistics for safe and reliable operation of the Axiom Commercial Space Station complex and other Axiom missions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Define Axiom’s overall approach to logistics such as food, crew clothing, consumables, etc. via thoroughly researched options, experience/expertise and sound rationale
· Provide logistics recommendations that have been coordinated with NASA and all commercial providers
· Formulate, project and fulfill logistics requirements for Commercial Space Station and Missions including:
o Calculating crew usage rates
o Defining when logistics flights should be scheduled
o Defining and procuring consumable items and packaging materials necessary for the crew to live and operate aboard the complex
o Working with launch providers to ensure the appropriate consumables items and packaging materials are on board when they are required by the crew and the operations
o Defining and sourcing the hardware necessary for the normal maintenance of the complex (including emergency equipment upkeep, research and manufacturing hardware, spares that should be pre-positioned on orbit and the tools necessary for maintenance and operation of the complex)
· Consult across functional teams within the organization including but not limited to Spaceflight Operations Team, Mission Planning, Systems Engineering, Customer Support, Legal, and Management
· Provides regular cross-functional updates and reports regarding timelines, resources, status, etc.
· Submit and negotiate cargo manifests and packing plans with the ISS Program for Axiom Missions to the ISS.
· Review and participate in evaluation of suppliers and responses to requests for proposal (“RFPs”), including analysis of feasibility, safety, cost and production time
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
· Master's degree or equivalent; or minimum 7- 10 years’ relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Competencies
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret, create and execute contents of complex written documents
· Ability to understand and apply advanced logistical, scientific, technical, and/or mathematical concepts
· Ability to effectively use industry standard software and programs, including but not limited to: design, development, manufacturing and project management software
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Exhibits application of responsible judgment, including for safety as well as for the planning and execution of projects.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures
· Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
· Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
· Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through volunteered efforts; follows organizational guidelines for affirmative action, diversity, and expected workplace behaviors
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed
Axiom Space offers competitive salary, benefits, and total compensation packages.
All applicants must be cleared to work in the US, and roles must meet requirements regarding exposure to restricted or controlled content. Applicants must also pass a background check.
Axiom Space is an equal opportunity employer, committed to equal treatment of all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family responsibility, political affiliation, veteran status or any other prohibited factor, in accordance with State and Federal laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and demands of the job described herein.